Are you a hardcore or casual gamer?

Hardcore gamers-tend to care less about graphics then casual gamers. While some specialize in a single genre, they typically have fairly diverse taste in games, frequently playing a wide variety of games from different genres.

Casual gamer-They are typically distinguished by their simple rules and lack of commitment required in contrast to more complex hardcore games. They require no long-term time commitment or special skills to play. Extremely simple gameplay, like a puzzle game that can be played entirely using a one-button mouse or cellphone keypad. Familiar genre, like a card game or board game. Allowing gameplay in short bursts, during work breaks or, in the case of portable and cell phone games, on public transportation. The ability to quickly reach a final stage, or continuous play with no need to save the game.

• Hardcore gamers
  • Casual gamer
Time does not matter for being a hardcore gamer. Even if it takes hours to finish a game or to specialize in it. You can still be a hardcore gamer even if you only play 30 minutes each time for a game. Hardcore is all about the complex of the game. Not how long you play it.

The only way time is important is if your a professional e-sport gamer. Then you need to spend a lot of time honing your skills. Since that's how your being payed

Most Helpful Guy

• I am very hardcore I don't like losing either even if it were a Barbie Brtaz 2 player video game lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• According to your description I'm a hardcore gamer, but I would still consider myself to be a casual gamer due to the fact that I don't have a lot of time/money to spend on games, so I don't play games as often as I want.

• All the games that I have played that are on my profile list. I didn't buy any of them ex for 1.

• Well I'm not a fan of pirating either, so. lol

What Guys Said 27

• I don't know. I have more of the characteristics of the hardcore gamer (likes graphics but doesn't value them over gameplay, plays a variety of games) but I consider myself a casual gamer because I don't play games all the time, just here and there. I have a lot of games to catch up on.

• I'm definitely hardcore. I'm a sports and fighting game player.

This is how hardcore I am:

*I'm a total slut for freestyle practice mode in every game I play. Gotta practice team assist combos, dribbling controls, the shooting touch with each player on my team, the cohesive feel for the running and passing game for my team, the defensive controls, audible plays from each formation, etc. Most casual players don't even TOUCH practice mode much at all. They "just play".

*in sports games, a casual player would pick their favorite team, a popular/bandwagon team, or the highest ranked team. A hardcore player like me picks a team that suits his/her style of play

*I'm a Philadelphia Eagles fan in American football. They don't suit my playstyle so in Madden 16. I use the Denver Broncos (with Osweiler, not Manning! #shocker)

* Im a Los Angeles Lakers fan in pro basketball. But they don't suit my playstyle. So I use the Dallas Mavericks & the Los Angeles Clippers.

• When I got a PS4 with Madden for Christmas, I practiced for 2 hours trying out different playbooks. Am I obsessed? :-P

• I don't have the time to invest in a complicated game nowadays. I own a bunch of titles on Steam that I haven't played at all.

I'm not playing Clicker games, though. Or nonsense like Farmville. Ew.

That, and board games aren't necessarily easy either. The Twilight Imperium board game has so many rules it takes 1 hour to read through it, and if you know what you are doing then a game takes 4-5 hours...

• im pretty casual, not so competitive anymore.

• I don't play as much as I did before, but according to what descriptions I can consider myself hardcore.

• I'm a meticulous gamer. I have over 1000 hours in Skyrim, about the same in Fallout, and many hours more in a multitude of survival games.

I don't know if I'm hardcore or casual, but I enjoy depth and complexity, and I take my time in order to take in all of the available information, always on the hardest difficulty as well. That way I really feel the game. XD

• Ultra-Mega-Hardcore. I spend at least 8 hours a day, everyday gaming.
    And yes I agree that the true hardcore gamers don't care too much about graphics as opposed to gameplay. I also hate the new popularity of focusing on multiplayer online gaming. Games used to be so awesome with pure emphasis on the single player campaign. Now they just want people to play online.

I'm a major fan of JRPG's and I even know quite a bit about the history f video games in general.

• Casual. I play a few genres though, but at the end I keep coming back to just 2 gales? Others seem to be temporary :(

Sometimes, I wish I had the hardcore attitude, because on Guildwars 2 I don't really know what I'm doing

• well, I've been playing for the last 20 years, just in steam I have 300 games. and I'm not into mobile games and casual stuff like that. So I'm pretty sure I'm a hardcore gamer

• but there is much more than just that which I think makes me one

• I am a hardcore gamer , I always love playing any type of game, there is a few exceptions but that's about it.

• Casual gamer. I don't care if I win or lose and just make jokes the entire time xD

But STILL a part time gamer!

• I'd say I'm hardcore because I love deep complex games. That's why rpgs are my favorite.

• Both! I love all sort of games! There are some types I like more and have more skill in than others, but as long as it's not too terribly violent or sexual you can hand me the controller!

• Ones i like yes, i usually play at a high skill level for most games.

• Hardcore enough to beat Elder Scrolls, SW KOTOR, Fallout, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Witcher series on hardest difficulty from the first play through and all the souls games but not hardcore enough to sacrifice my social life to them.

• I was hardcore but girls work and friends take too much time so I'm very casual now

• I'm not a gamer.
    I'm a person who plays games.
    We don't call people "television-watchers" or "movie seers."
    Gaming is a bigger industry than Hollywood.
    Everyone's a "gamer"
    That said, I'd probably fall under the umbrella of "hard-core."
    I'm not very good at games but I spend a lot of time and money on them.

• More than casual but not quite hardcore.

• I still play Zelda.

• Very casual.

• Somewhere in between

• I'm a casual gamer now, just not as interested in playing video games like I use to.

• Filthy causal

filler.

• I'm more casual, basically I play mostly fighting games, horror survival and RPG.

• Casual... but now it's more rare. Can't spend too much time on that.

• What am I if I like board games and card games like Catan, Ticket to Ride, Legendary, etc...

• I played cod from 07-12 competitively on gamebattles, and during that time it was pretty much playing everyday, I dont play much anymore these days.

What Girls Said 9

• Well I'm a casual gamer then. How can you not love

az598155.vo.msecnd.net/wp-uploads/2015/06/neko.jpg
    or
    static.androidgame365.com/.../...7_battle-cats.jpg
    or
    static.giantbomb.com/.../1310907-tetris.jpg

I'm a casual gamer because I'm very picky about what games I spend my money on so I don't have an extensive collection as most people. The few games I have are A+ though.
    That being said, people that play board/table games can also fall under hardcore. I know people that play shit like D&D weekly, and have done so for years. They are hardcore. Games like chess, or go, or mahjong are table/board based but people go hard with those games dude.

• I'm option C: inbetween. Not totally hardcore, but I play more than just point and click cell phone games.

• I am casual gamer!

• Extremely casual gamer.

• I'm more casual. I love gaming, and get a lot of joy out of it, but I'm not hardcore.

• I'd say casual but as a kid, I got pretty hardcore over the summer when there was nothing to do. I got really into Kingdom Hearts, Sly Cooper, Tekken, Ratchet and Clank. I've also been addicted off/on to the Sims for like a decade. I just can't stay away...

• Hardcore Gamer. After reading "puzzles" on casual games nope. I don't really care about the graphics. (Unless there puke ugly colors)

• Casual gamer

• Casual gamer.