Anyone else think the new Star Wars sucks?

I watched it with a girl I have been dating and at the end we both we're like, "wow that sucked". Aside from the action and the repeated plot, the movie just didn't work. I'm suprised so many people give this thing a good review and even some critics were saying how great it was - it wasn't. But maybe just my opinion.

What's your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• star wars has never really been that great to begin with. if you take away the fact that it basically created a new genre (i mean take the movie for it's idea and not what it created), it's been a fairly average movie series. with that said, i really liked it... and i'm not a huge star wars nerd. for 1, it was better than the bullshit we had to put up with in the prequels and a lot easier to follow than the other 6 films (i wasn't bored half the time). it was a lot clearer about what's going on than all of the other films. i did find it odd how similar it was to episode iv. but with that said, i just thought the overall movie had a lot clearer direction throughout the movie than any of the other 6. like, they all had their points (except episode i), but there was a lot of filler to me that was important, but not necessary. in vii, the scenes actually had meaning. and i think it did a lot better job making the characters believable than any of the other films. but that's mainly because george lucas didn't do his stale/cheesy dialog.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't care for any of them and honestly do not even plan on seeing the new one. I am just not a fan of sci-fi and Star Wars is about as sci-fi as it gets.

• I've never watched but I don't think it does

• Am an easy to please person, with that said I absolutely loved it.

What Guys Said 6

• I personally *kinda* liked it but it certainly wasn't groundbreaking or anything, after which I was told that this is literally the exact same movie as the 4th one (which I personally haven't seen from start to finish). That made it somewhat more disappointing to know...

And some of the plot was really contrived, crafted to go from A to B, the lady running away to the right just so she can get captured by the Sith, or that "hey where did you get this lightsaber - that doesn't matter right now".. Riiiight. And then R2D2 randomly has a map. That pissed me off.

To me, semi-objectively, the movie seemed extremely mediocre. Shoulda watched Inside Out instead, that movie was great.

• i heard its a one time watch, but worth watching at least once. I'll have to see for myself.

• It was cool but yes... frustratingly similar to Episode IV at times.

Overall, it was good fun at the movies... The new characters were great.

• Wasn't great, but definitely made up for the prequels and set up what should be an interesting continuation to the story of the universe.

• It's just your opinion. I thought it was good.

• i'm not a nerd, so i won't see it.