I already asked this question but ok. I asked my aunt and uncle for a guitar. We had to write it on a list and out of all the stupid things I wrote, I chose guitar and even told them aloud. So after coming back from Mississipi, I see no present under the tree but I see that my 4 and 8 year old cousins got what they wanted and more. The 4 year old even got a tablet. So I'm thinking that it's maybe in my aunt's room but the next day all she gave me was pajama pants, an owl mug, and fuzzy socks. I hid my disappointment well, I think, and faked the fakest smile ever. Am I being ungrateful? It's been 2 days and still no guitar. I'm just really sad that I didn't get one and cried myself to sleep woth all these scenarios that they didn't love me as much and all this stuff. I was thinking about asking a question like this..."When am I going to start back getting my allowance because I want to save up to buy a guitar?" Is that too straight-forward?

Most Helpful Guy

• Are your aunt and uncle raising you? Why? Do they get money from someone for taking care of you?

• Yes my aunt and uncle are raising me but only because I wanted to come down here. She asked me to come down here to help her babysit her kids so she can start working again. My mom is still alive and I still talk to her all the time. I just moved here in August. They are self-employed so they make their own money.

• :) Thank you for your help

• Thank you for MHO.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Hmm I just think you're disappointed because all the other kids got what the wanted and they put effort into giving them what they wanted because they knew they'd enjoy however you felt they just threw together a last minute present perhaps. You never know maybe for the younger kids their presents was a lot cheaper than a guitar, guitars can be really expensive.

• At first I was like, shit a guitar is expensive. Plus there's the added fact that no one is entitled to presents. But on the other hand, who the hell gets an ipad for an 4 year old, and isn't willing to get a guitar for their teenage niece?
    Yes, you should ask them what the deal is. Don't say it angrily though, but they should have at least told you WHY they didn't get you a guitar, and yet they got the other kids what they wanted.

• It's not an iPad but just a regular tablet and it's more of the fact that they gave her a tablet even though she's broken a lot of her tablets. All I really wanted was a guitar and I feel like I'm being ungrateful for even thinking about asking them why they didn't get me one

• Well they didn't even tell you they wouldn't, not even when they handed you the present. But yeah maybe just do it like you said, ask when you should start saving up again...

• I'm assuming those cousins are children of the unless and aunt. Hence meaning they get more stuff because they are their kids
    You're a niece. From my experience of being a niece I didn't get what I wanted but was Greatfull for what I did get

• I know that but I came all the way here to help my aunt out with her hard-headed, annoying kids, who are bad, who don't listen, who breaks their stuff and their mom and dad's, who go through my purse and I get all these things I can buy myself. I know I sound like a brat or an ungrateful brat so that's what I'm trying to avoid. I do my chores everyday without the allowance that I'm supposed to get. I don't even get my allowance because "We paid for your homecoming and the things for your project." I didn't know that I couldn't ask my caregivers for things for my project that I need for school. And one time they said I could get a phone if I got all A's. I got 5 A's and 1 B. The B was an 86. I worked my butt off to get my grades up and I asked if I could get a phone (just to be sure in case they got me one for effort.) But nope. I don't ask for much. I rarely ask for anything.

• Life isn't fair and you should learn that from the start like how I did. So be Greatfull for what you have