If you've seen/read Carrie (either the [Stephen King] book or movies)... were you rooting for her as she destroyed her school?

• Yes! You go Carrie, destroy them all!
  • I wasn't exactly rooting for her but I can see why she did what she did & I don't blame her
  • No. What she did wasn't right. But that doesn't mean she's evil. She was just pushed too far.
  • She's an evil monster!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Never read the book but I saw the 70's film. Yes, I think in a weird messed up way I was rooting for her. She got knocked down, humiliated and repressed to the point of blowing up and making a massacre. Not mentioning her mom was just all sorts of fucked up in the head.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was rooting for Carrie, all the way, life was so unfair to her :(

What Guys Said 7

• Saw the one with Chloe Grace Moretz (cause she's awesome). And I really liked it. She's so fucking good at acting, seriously.

• Yes, of course, I felt sorry for her, and I was definitely rooting for her.

• Yeah it was an awful long time ago that I saw it but I was fairly sure I was rooting for Carrie.

• I've watched and read lots of Stephen king stories but never that one at first I thought you were talking about the movie Christine should I watch the movie is it good?

• Yes I love all of the movies and the book. It is about a severely bullied girl who gets revenge

• what was that one movie about this guy who was a vampire and nobody could catch him? Do you know what I am talking about it was like these detectives could never catch him until in the end and by that time he turned the detective into a vampire instead of killing him.

• the whole thing was written so you can identify and sympathise with her so it was meant to make you feel that way. would be pretty odd if you didn't support her actions really

• In Heathers I always JD should have blown up the school at the end and just walked away.

• Her perception was incorrect. She was traumatized and thought everyone was laughing at her when really only those couple of shitty girls were laughing and everyone else was actually disgusted by the prankers and felt bad for Carrie. So she killed a lot of people who never did anything wrong or weren't bad people.

What Girls Said 2

• I definitely rooted for Carrie. She was the underdog, I think I kind of identify with her. I was an outcast in high school. I loved art and loved different things than what was popular. Also, my parents weren't rich, I didn't wear brand name clothes and I hung out with people I liked rather than just hanging out with people who were popular.

I think she had to destroy the school, the people were so mean to her. Building her up like that just so they could embarrass her in front of the whole school. Those kids were dicks.

• I read the book and I really think the book makes more sense than the movie

The book made me wish she did not destroy the high school

• Yeah it's sad. It's a tragedy honestly. I mean, I don't think she's evil, and I can understand why she did what she did. But... ugh.
      Well, if you think about it, she was doomed anyway. Her mother was waiting to kill her when she got home, so she would've died that night anyway. Poor girl.