Is SpongeBob overrated?

It's like everyone keeps going on and on about it.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• yes for sure, and why the hell do college kids think its cool to have a sponge bob backpack

Most Helpful Girl

• Spongebob use to be the best thing that hit television... until the 4th season and so on.

Originally, Spongebob was suppose to stick around for 3 seasons and the first movie was meant to be the finale to the whole entire series.

However, the executives at Nickelodeon wanted to keep it going because it made lots of money.

So now Spongebob is doomed to be on tv forever, all for the sake of money. Smh

What Guys Said 16

• People who said yes have no soul. They probably sold it to:
    1.bp.blogspot.com/.../...Pants%2B%252875%2529B.jpg
    THE FLYING DUTCHMAN!!

• Yeah, I guess so. I have never really liked the character or the shows.

• spongebob pre spongebob movie was the shit. spongebob after the movie was absolute dog shit. mainly because the jokes went from being made for adults to kids and the creator left the show.

• growing up, it was funny as shit, but even now, i started realizing how funny the show actually was, how brilliant it was and how absolutely smart the writing was. i mean i could quote it for days and haven't watched an episode in years.

• It's genuinely a rare example of a proper family show, not a show made just for kids with no entertainment value for adults with "family" slapped on like most.

• It's rated as highly as it should be.
    I don't wanna know you if you don't like Spongebob.

• I grew up with it,
    Spongebob has changed over the years and is not the same show it used to be. But no i do not think it is overrated

• I like Spongebob but the hype killed the show for me. :-P

• I love spongebob. But I feel its time to end the series. Now theyre running out of ideas and producing crappy episodes.

• Heeeelllll no

• SpongeBob is pretty beast.
    One of the few things I can actually watch.

• in my opinion... yes

• He's been overrated for years. 🙄

• No no noooooooo
    How dare you? 😠
    LOL 😁

• Until the movie, yes, the show was great. Afterwards, not so much... :-/

• I liked spongebob when i was in my teen years but now i think it is for kids

• I have only seen about 30 seconds of it, that was enough for me. I think those who rate it... are retarded, even if they're children. lol

What Girls Said 14

• I loved it when I was a little kid.

Watching it as an adult is different. It'll occasionally have it's funny parts, but it's mostly just completely ridiculous, haha.

• Finally someone notices how silly that cartoon is. No offense to Spongebob but that cartoon offers nothing of value to any child who watches it. And the older people who watch it do so because he is so dumb. Watching Spongebob is like throwing away brain cells lol. That cartoon lacks all and any type of moral fiber, I will not be allowing my kids to watch that except for occasional amusement.

• No! how dare you? I love spongebob!

• nope, i love it! :D

• I realistically could not give a rats ass about spongebob

• Yes, but not for kids, I presume.

• http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/51877385.jpg
    ••••••••••

• SpongeBob is dead.

• Oh boy, 3 am! *eats Krabby Patty in bed*

• No! Spongebob rocks.

• Of course Spongebob is not overrated.

• i love futurama more

• spongebob is the bible

• No, anyone that thinks otherwise is insane.