Is it too late for me to be a ballerina dancer?

I'm not planning to be a prima ballerina. I just want to be a descent ballerina dancer. Ballet dancing is usually something trained during childhood. I wish I attended ballet school when I was little. Is too late for me to start ballet dancing as an adult?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's never too late... are you going to get any huge parts? Probably not, but you may get a small part in the ensemble of a ballet. Depends on WHY you want to do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely you can still become a decent one!!! I've done that - started classes last year, and am now pretty decent. And dance is a real struggle for me - ya know, coordination and flexibility and all. ;) So absolutely! Just stay consistent with whatever amount of training and practicing works for you. ANNNND the added benefit is you'll be pretty natural and awesome at any dance style. They say ballet is the basics of all dance! Best of luck!!! :)

What Guys Said 2

• If you are only doing it for yourself, it is never too late - The two obstacles I see are finding an adult class and it may be slightly harder at the beginning because you don't have flexibility of a child - It might be advisable to start a yoga class to increase flexibility - I hope you find a class and enjoy it.

• It's never too late to pick something up HOWEVER, it might not come to you as easily because as we get older, we not only get more fragile, physically, but we also start to have memory loss

What Girls Said 3

• I did it! It's one of the best things I ever did for myself too! Please do it♡

• It's never too late to start anything

• it's not too late. i know people who started in university.