Deadpool movie looks bad to me, what do you guys think?

I know he's a beloved comic book character, but I just don't see how this movie will be funny. Ryan Reynolds is not funny to me.

What do you guys think? WIll you still see it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it is because Deadpool is an "Anti-Hero". It's expected that he will be brutal and violent like many other Marvel Anti-Heroes such as The Punisher and Blade. Deadpool will be using extreme measures to combat villains but only difference is that he will do it in a Black Comedy fashion.

If I'm not caught up with other more important matters and have time then maybe I'll watch it.

What Guys Said 6

• Deadpool is a unique character in comics. He's crude, reckless, and he frequently breaks the 4th wall. In the comics he speaks to the reader of the comic book directly and in the trailers he does the same thing to the audience. A lot of people don't get the humor in that. It's like Malcolm from Malcolm in the Middle.

Like someone else has said he's also an anti-hero so he isn't like superman or someone like that who is 100% pure and just in all his actions. There are moral grey areas with Deadpool which makes him a more relatable character. Humans usually aren't that black and white.

I think it will set a new precedent with comic book movies. I'm glad that Disney doesn't own the rights to X-Men right now because if it did we would probably get a family friendly abomination of the character Deadpool.

• i heard from a friend that deadpool made specifically for ryan reynolds to play deadpool. I don't know if that's true or not

• Ryan Reynolds is one of the producers of Deadpool, yeah. He wanted to do a Deadpool movie because X-Men Origins: Wolverine completely fucked over Wade Wilson's character.

• He loves Deadpool. *shrugs* Go little Canadian boy, go!

• @9mfeo lmfao!!!

• In my case I think it will be just like with the video game, played it once, laughed a bunch, then forgot about it. Honestly there's way too much hype in my opinion, people tend to overestimate the novelty of a funny-guy unkillable anti-hero.

• it might be a bad case of "all funny scenes are already in the trailer"... otherwise it´s promising to me.

• Man, i don't know how you think but Deadpool is one of the awesome movie we guys are waiting for this year. everyone is supposed to have his/her views and it's not necessary you should find Deadpool funny. No offense though

• I am done with all movies based on comic books. I'm an adult and I want adult movies.

What Girls Said 3

• ... I don't approve of this at all.

• Don't let @fenixx0083 hear you say that.

• I'm excited to see it but I'm a Deadpool fan. In the comics, they even reference him looking like Ryan Reynolds, so I think it's a good casting choice. But it's not for everyone, some don't like that snarky type of humor, just like some people don't like dry sarcasm. It's not for you and that's ok.