Xbox one or PS4?

Which is better? I'm not really experienced with game consoles the last game console I had was a PS2 and that was years ago so if anyone has tried both Xbox One and PS4 which would you say you liked better?

• Xbox One
  • PS4
Select a gender to cast your vote:

310

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer the Xbox One but a majority of people prefer the PS4.

Most Helpful Girl

• Anybody who's a somebody plays PS4. But Xbox One is ok too. If you're a schmuck!

What Guys Said 9

• It's obviously PlayStation 4. It's the same price as Xbox One right now and has a LOT more exclusive software coming. PlayStation has always crushed Microsoft in the first-party development area, anyway.

Other things between the consoles are mostly equal (price, reliability, online stuff, etc.), but I prefer PlayStation Plus to Xbox Live by a LOT - way more value for the money, I think - and multiplatform games, as in titles that are on both systems, tend to perform better on PS4. They often hit benchmarks like 1080p and 60fps more often than their Xbox One counterparts.

• Do exclusives matter to you? If you are playing multi-plats, I would go with the PS4 because it has a larger install base. 2016 should be the first solid year of steady exclusives to release for PS4 as well.

If you play only shooters, Xbox One is better. Xbox Live is a bit better reliable than PSN, but not as much as 360 versus PS3 was.

They both do the same thing. PS4 is a bit more powerful hardware wise, so a lot of multi-plats have higher resolution and more stable frames, but developers are still figuring out how to optimize on both systems. Xbox One multi-plats will probably catch up eventually, like PS3 caught up with 360.

Some people take the controller into consideration for genre specific games. For example, a lot of people prefer fighting games on the Playstation pad because the D-Pad is larger and considered more reliable for inputs. Conversely, many preferred the 360 controller for shooters because the trigger buttons are better than the PS3.

At the end of the day, it just comes down to what games you want to play. I picked a PS4 first because I know I want to play Uncharted, Gran Turismo, God of War, Ratchet and Clank, etc,. Xbox One has Halo, but I won't pick up the console until more games come out that I want.

• Agreed. I've always had both consoles but basically I just preferred to play first person shooters online on the PS3 (since the membership is free for said console), and play campaign games on the 360 (Gears of War games for example). I also compared reviews to see on what platform an specific game had better graphics/game play.

Now though, just as you mentioned, I sold my PS3 and was able to get a PS4. I'm not planning on having One at the time because there aren't any new generation microsoft games coming out, other than Halo. Doesn't matter though, I've been playing whenever I have time. Having fun with Arkham Knight atm :D

• Primary concern: Get whichever one all your friends have. Then you can play online together and send messages and share games.

Secondary concern: Is there a must-have game which is exclusive to one system? Like, you really love Halo or Forza or Gran Turismo or Uncharted? That should influence your decision if you don't care about playing with friends that much.

• if you go only by raw power -> PS4

but the most important is the games you like. so check which exclusive games series (currently available on PS4/XBO but also older ones from PS3/XB360 so you know what might come) you like more.

I also think that PS+ gives you the better "free" games.

• Neither Get a Gaming PC Enjoy gaming at 60+ Fps with better graphics and not paying for online BOOOOM!

• Just going to leave this here.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmr

• I'm a Sony Pony... so yeah.

• neither, games are a HUGE waste of time and money!

What Girls Said 2

• I have an xBox but I'm planning on upgrading to a PS4 eventually. They have more RPGs.

• I like the ps4