In what language do you prefer watching your movies?

or shows, animes, etc.
This question is especially for those who don't have English as mother tongue.

regular movies or shows I like to watch in German. usually I'm a fan of English but it's just easier to understand and the syncronization is good.
animes however I like to watch in Japanese with English subs πŸ‘
the German synchronization is usually crap and they are often cut and more often than not I don't like the English one either

Most Helpful Girl

• English and sometimes i use Italian subs πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    @omar5881 😏😏 answer please

• why italian subs? :P

• haha you're welcome 😘😘😘

• 😍😍😍😍 @asker

Most Helpful Guy

• The german synchronisation is definitely one of the better all around, so I prefer watching it german as well. Also agree with the anime aspect - bar a few exceptions (Samurai Champloo has a great synchronisation).

TV shows the few times I watch them I prefer to watch in the original, because the synchronisation effort usually is quite lackluster.

What Girls Said 22

• Everything HAS TO BE in their original language or else I go nuts and stop watching it. I always use English subtitles even though Im Swedish cause I just like it that way, in the Swedish subtitles they always use these complicated words Im not familiar with. 🙄

• I prefer watching in English considering that's what I know best, with the exception of anime. Then I choose whichever one sounds better.

• If I can choose between Romanian and Hungarian, I would go with Hungarian because Romanian synchronization sounds like crap. >.>
    But as for English + subtitles, I choose Romanian. English sounds like Romanian with an accent, so it's mostly following what they are saying. 😂✌

• In English only if its anime!

• Well, since my first language is English, I do enjoy English speaking films. I love french speaking films to though. I'm not fluent in french, but I do know some words.

• I watch everything in English.

• I prefer in the original language. With English I don't use subtitles but in other language I do.
    I'm not a big fan for dub.

• me either! dubbed movies are awful. I don't know if it's just me, but I tend to look at peoples mouths a lot while they're talking. dubbed is so off putting.

• if I'm too tired or lazy to read in the moment, English. otherwise, any with good subtitles, in yellow, will do.

• English or Filipino.
    I recently got into a Spanish drama called a grand Hotel but I need to see it with English subtitles. I've also seen South Korean and Japanese TV shows and movies, but again need English subtitles

• French or English

• i watch everything in japanese
    i am not interested in other countries' movies so it's always japanese movies and dramas.

• I prefer English but I go through Korean phases as well.

• you can speak korean? :o

• Not really lol. I undertand quite a bit but I watch with subtitles. I don't mind reading them.

• I always try to watch a movie in its original language (if it's among the ones I know). Most of the time they're English movies though. :)

• Spanish with English subtitiles so I can learn one word at a time PUTA

• English or french :)

• I like English. Nothing wrong with it. I find most Dutch movies simply bad.

• I speak English and Spanish fluently but I prefer to watch movies in Spanish

• I'm danish and I prefer movies in English. :)

• I prefer English but I can watch a movie in Italian

• English since it's all I can understand

• If something is originally English, than English. But if I can, I like watching movies in french.

• English. I am okay with French, Spanish, and Japanese as well. There are some others in various languages as I also like, but don't watch/listen to often. Like, with Kung Fu Hustle I actually prefer it in it's original Chinese version with English sub titles. I think it's funnier.

What Guys Said 10

• If the synchronisation is good I'd go with German, otherwise I'm happy to watch the movie in the original language, with subtitles if necessary.
    The original voice acting is almost always better though. It's more authentic.

• English or English subtitles. Don't really like dubs very much.

• Hey man im from Germany we are close. When i watch anime i watch it in japanese/english sub. When i watch a tv show i watch it in enlgish.

• English all Egnlish.

• My mother tongue is English but I like watching movies in whatever langue they were filmed in. Watching dubbed versions feels wrong to me. It's like I'm watching it the wrong way.

• always in English

• I prefer in original language with English or Turkish subtitles.

• English for Hollywood and Hindi for Bollywood.

• Always the original language whatever it is.

• If I am in America watching an American movie then I prefer English because its America, but if I am in Japan watching Japanese stuff I prefer Japanese, and if I am in Italy then I prefer Italian, and so on. I despise going to another country and seeing English, I was in Japan and I saw tons of English on the signs, and that pisses me off because its Japan, no one there speaks English natively, they shouldn't be putting English on the signs. Same thing with videos, if I am watching television in another country it pisses me off to see English channels. I speak English natively but I hate it, because English is dominating all the other countries and destroying their languages. I only speak English in English speaking countries. I literally refuse to talk to people in English when I am in another country. I only go to another country if I know the language, and so I never use English because its not an English speaking country.