How do popstars earn all their money?

0|0
2|8

Most Helpful Guy

• Artists in general usually get some pocket change when their CDs are bought, played on the radio, shirts with them are sold etc. Don't fool yourself or anyone else though, the vast majority of these profits go to the record company. Not the artist.

Now artists main income is usually concerts and tours. This being because they, generally, get a much larger slice of the pie at these events.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• YouTube views, songs on iTunes, selling albums, concert tickets, being invited to special events (I think they get paid for that, but I'm not 100% sure).

0|0
    0|0
    • Sometimes they get paid, sometimes they get asked, but they also get paid for Instagram posts

• Show All
    • Normal people can't do it because they don't have enough followers to really matter to the companies

• @angelminty
      I was talking hypothetically.
      Life would be so easy that way. 😂
      But it's not a bad way of marketing, if it works to get more than they lost. 😏

What Guys Said 7

• Mostly through ticket sales and downloads by stupid young girls who have no fucking idea what good music sounds like.

0|0
    0|1
  • They have set percentage of everything that is sold that ties to them

0|0
    0|0
  • They get paid by the "pound". ;-)

0|0
    0|0
  • Way overpriced merchandise, sponsorships, and they sell their music and concert tickets and stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • Touring, Album sales, they get a % of streaming service revenue, % of ad revenue on youtube clips.

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of touring. Look how much Lady Gaga makes just with touring!

0|0
    0|0
  • They sell poptarts

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• They make money when they sell their songs and albums, like on iTunes song costs $1.39 or something, so if a million people buy that, that's a million dollars.

0|0
    0|0