Do you view Mermaids as being good or evil?

• Good
  • Evil

Most Helpful Guy

• If they actually exist then more than likely both possibilities of mermaids are possible.

They have similarities to us just for being half fish and not merely just animals. So more than likely they can and would be capable of both good and evil, and the choice of either is entirely on them.

Whereas to animals and fish I view them entirely as "neutral" and because of "Survival Of the Fittest" and the "Food Chain" animals NEED to eat and slaughter each other just in order to survive, and only the strongest, quickest, fiercest and most intelligent of them comes out on top and have the best chance of survival. There is really no right or wrong when it comes to that. Or maybe it can be viewed as "Might IS Right".

Most Helpful Girl

• Both depending on the religion the mermaid is from. All around the world there are different religions that have mermaids in the and they can be either good, bad, or both. I'm torn with this one, but I'll go with good to be safe.

What Guys Said 13

• My sister had two of em staying at her house for a few months and they seemed to be alright. The always stayed in her bathtub and every time I stopped I'd go in and take a dump on them. They'd always giggle and take turns guessing what I had for supper.

• Traditionally, I think they were evil... luring men at sea into the water with their beauty, and then drowning them, or something like that. Fairy tales and Disney made them more friendly, but their origins were not pretty.

• Actually mermaids and sirens are 2 different things

• Yes they are, but they are similar. There are many similarities between mythologies, and many variations of "Creatures in the guise of beautiful women that lure men to their deaths if they are displeased... or just because." Sirens, some huldra, some mermaids, succubus, dziwozona... and more :]

If anything, mermaids are neither good nor evil in general terms, much like humans

Sorry for nerding out I just think it's really interesting.

• They are evil things. LOL

• Mermaids are good, but Sirens are evil.

• I view them as being whatever the writer calls for. ;)

Seriously though, they are usually portrayed as good, therefore that's how I think of them.

• If you know about mythology, you had know, that mermaids are creatures that use their voices to hypnotize the sailors to get them into the sea and after that, kill them.

• Busty. Lol.

• Simple. I think they're neither.

• I've always thought there was something fishy about mermaids.

• They're neutral.

• Too good! mmmmmm

• It's their choice

What Girls Said 10

• I've never thought of a mermaid as evil =]

• I think they have a choice to be evil or good.

• Generally i think they're good unless you become a threat to them in anyway, like any animal/human/supernaturaletc lol

• When it comes to pirates of the Caribbean it gives them an interesting take about them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R--FtzSx2o

• THAT'S NOT WHAT ACTUAL MERMAIDS LOOK LIKE! The media always hypersexualize mermaids, retouching their photos and make them perfect. When in fact, no real mermaid looks like that!

• Good.
    ____________________

• Mermaids are good, Sirens are evil.

• Tragic dreamers with good intentions.

• Mermaids are good. Sirens are thought to be enticing and evil

• They are What the situation calls for n'eut her here nor there.