Are you still enchanted by books?

I know there are many who have abandoned books. But I also know there are still so many who love to read. Are you still captured by a good book? What you're favorite genre?

• Horror
  • Suspense/Crime
  • Love
  • Erotic
  • Fantasy
  • Educational
One of my favorite books is Fear Nothing by Dean Koontz.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah dean Koontz is great. I read one of books about a guy and a woman being woke in the middle of the night. The guy can't shake the feeling that there's something massive in the clouds over his house. Next day the news is reporting blood coloured waterspouts popping up all over the globe. Theyre getting filmed from helicopters and planes. Then the world really goes to hell. I dunno if you've read it but it stuck in my mind. Like the odd thomas books as well and Stephen King. Dunno who's better. Others I like are sven hassel and Andy mcnab. Not really for women those authors though. I just finished war and peace. Getting through the thing is a battle in itself lol

• I haven't read that one but it sounds really interesting. Do you know the title?

• I'm pretty sure it was the taking. Watchers is great as well. If you like horror and suspense read the langoliers by King and the mist. They made films of them but as you know theyre usually crap compared to the book. Nothing beats your own imagination.

What Guys Said 18

• I'm still enchanted. But have had to take a hiatus. Been far too mind focused. Doing lots of physical conditioning lately, for the sake of my well being :) Dostoevsky was most life changing all those years ago. Generally I like books on spirituality, alternative health practices, any books that deal with the deeper meaning in life. I've just finished reading Kafka on the Shore. And I have a book on Tibetan Yoga that I've been meaning to read for a while. I also keep meaning to read Goethe Faust properly :)

• I love reading. Just went to Barnes and noble the other day! I could so spend hours and hours there

• Oh my, this made me happy. A glimpse of my old bestie. I like.

• @CHARismatic110 why do u think I left lol? I don't get it. U want me to talk about books more than lifting? I can do that.
      Im reading Saving Capitalism by Robert Reich right now. It's way liberal by the way lol.

• I'm reading the Song of Fire and Ice series now...

But Lord of the Rings will always be my favorite.

• I don't read that much.. But my favorite genre is mistery/crime/suspense!
    My favorite one is The Da Vinci Code. Had me excited for days ( I actually didn't want it to end so I was taking my time with it ahhahha) Anyone has any similar ones to this one? :D Thanks

• I actually just re-read that...

• Sure am... love sitting beside the fireplace in the winter and reading my latest haul from Indigo. In the summer it's out on the veranda in my hammock. I can't hit the hay until I have read a chapter or two.

I prefer suspense/thrillers... books that make you think and are not just a story, however I do like the occasional biography too.

• Vote G: All of the above.

• I love books - The genre I read the most would be suspense/crime

• Should read the owl by Bob forward mate. It's out of print now but they're both crackers.

• Of course I love reading heck at book stores half the time I won't even buy a book I'll just sit in a chair and without realizing it go through a quarter or even half of a book sometimes.

• Hell, yeah! But I read them on my Kindle now. Not one of those purists who enjoy feeling the actual book and the paper on their hands.

And you missed my favorite gender, which is Science Fiction. :(

• I prefer Horror and Science Fiction, but Educational and Fantasy are ok too.

• I so totally am. I love books/ any book for that matter. Its tragic, how underrated books are. Nobody seems to have the time these days.

• I recently regained my love for reading all thanks to my interest in politics and economics.
    Since my university is very Liberal it inspired me to read Conservative writers as well in order to get a balanced perspective.

• Not really

• I enjoy reading, but I only enjoy non-fiction books. I read a lot of sports biographies and shit like that.

• Fantasy, horror, and thrillers

• I like spy fiction and old classics though

• When i do read... suspense

What Girls Said 24

• Mines more of post apocalypse
    Or crime and mysteries
    Like Dan Brown or Baldacci are two of my fav authors
    Kinda ironic because I'm reading a clash of kings now (Game of thrones series) and that's not what I ussually go for but hey they're pretty good

• I love anything about love, heartbreak, depression, abuse (always interested to read more about, breaks my dang heart though, especially on the true stories), dystopian, or fantasy. I also like certain thrillers and crime novels, but most of them are too dry to catch my interest.

The biggest exception is The Patrick Bowers Files by Steven James. I definitely got wrapped up in that series. I loved the characters and the criminals were very interesting, the writing was amaazing (in my opinion), and the pacing was great. Normally not my cup of tea, but it's one of my favorite series!

I started reading at a very young age. And I think my parents read to me before I could even walk :P I've grown up with a book in my hand, and that will never change.

• I also love Gillian Flynn novels. Ever since Gone Girl I was entranced by her work.

• Yes. I absolutely love reading. Always have. I don't limit myself to one genre. Same with music. I'm open to reading just about anything.

• I love reading books.
    I read classic and modern ones.
    Genre is not that important, i love variety.
    I am interested in almost all genres, as long as those books are not about mechanical engineering.

• I took a hiatus from book reading for a few years but now I'm back at it. Started reading a book recently.
    Favorite genre would be fantasy, for sure. Adventure too.

• I will always love books. Science fiction books, teen fiction and fiction books.
    Books are the only thing that let me go to another world. Books are the only thing that are always there when I need them. Books are the only thing that make you forget about everything. Books are the only thing that will always be your friends. Books are the only thing that let you travel. Books are the only thing that give you a taste of every kind of experience. Books are the only thing that understand you. 📚= <3

• Yes, I love reading books still. I voted for fantasy, since I am reading the third book in the DarkGlass series. But I love horror, historical fiction, a little romance (like Pride & Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Emma, Wuthering Heights etc.) and on occasion biographies.

• oh I'm such a bookworm. my favourites are mystery, crime and romance.

• I love love story! but movies!

• I <3 books sighhh I'm a romance gal, but I can't live without fantasy books and I love to read and write erotica. I also like inspirational books every now again (too many at once makes my brain go numb).

• I like most everything, honestly.

• I don't have a favorite genre. My recent loves were Tess of the D'urbevilles and Game of Thrones.

• I love books. I am currently reading four right now. I am open to all genres but my favorite is fantasy.

• I can only do erotica now. I used to do romance/suspense, crime, but if it doesn't have a sex scene, I'm not into it.

• I like Horror and Fantasy :D

• I love Death Note Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases by Nisio Isinand and House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer. They're my favorite books.

• I love books, especially those who fall under crime, horror, drama, dystopia and romance

• books are my life. literally have no other friends

• I will never stop reading Harry Potter XD

• I love a good thriller novel

• I like fantasy, but not much anymore.

• I love all books

• Am I the only one that can't get enough of educational books? Fiction just doesn't appeal to me anymore. Nowadays I feel like I'd choose to learn about bodily functions over a fictitious story any day.

• I love reading!! Some of my favorite genres are romance/erotic, mystery, paranormal, psychological/abuse and suspense.