Am I the only one who likes a band for ages before they get popular then when everyone else likes them you are off to find another?

My husband called me a hipster. I have no argument. I can recall always doing this. I would find a band, I would enjoy them forever and then when they get popular with the rest of the world, everyone is trying to show me these bands and it's like, no I showed you all these people.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, many bands start to suck after they become mainstream. Look at Metallica for example...

• I know! Don't get me wrong, I like their music, but it seems they try too hard to become popular now. Their old stuff was great like their albums And Justice For All and Master Of Puppets

• Haha same here, I go all the way from Death Metal to Classic Spanish music like Pablo Alboran. I still do enjoy seeing these idiots online who are like "super metal" and those that say stuff like "if you don't only listen to metal, you're a poser!" I used to get intimidated by these guys during my teenage years. Thank the heavens for growing older, right? LOL.

• Omg, I love laughing at that type of crap. Like, did shit really get this bad? Hahaha.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't stop liking bands just because they are suddenly popular unless their music changes for the worse.

• I probably didn't specify (oops). I don't stop listening to them altogether. I just am not as big a fan as I was when I discovered them.

• It is a pretty cool feeling to hear a band, like them and then see them blow up.

What Guys Said 4

• No, I don't get that. If I like something, I like it. Saying that though, none of the music I like is mainstream. I'd still like it if it was, I have occasionally liked more commercial music.

• Yeah I'm fairly the same way

• Sounds like you've just described a hipster.

• Definitely a hipster stops watching the band when it's too "mainstream" and they like to pride themselves with saying "oh i knew them before they were popular, I helped the band at the roots".

• Yeah. Like I said, I didn't argue with my husband when he said it. It's true, although, I don't align with helping bands start out. I just enjoy the music.

• Yeah i kind of got carried away to answer you're question I really don't listen to many indie bands, and i usually just keep listening if they get popular.

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah I've definitely have had experience with this, slightly annoying but good for the band lol.

• Yeah, happened to me too with Twenty One Pilots and Ed Sheeran. Annoying af, but on the other hand it's good because I wouldn't have discovered other great bands if people hadn't showed me them.

• I could take or leave Twentyone Pilots. My friend is obsessed so I try to avoid talking music with her and Ed Sheeran is so overplayed.

• Yeah he's really over played after his top chart albums :/