Has there been a greater singer since Freddie Mercury?

I can't be the only one who thinks this right? Yes there are so many talented singers but I feel like freddie still always takes top spot.

Most Helpful Guy

• Err, there's been quite a few good opera singers! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiPKv8EGaOQ

Maybe not 'cool' enough for you though ;)

There's definitely few with his stage presence and charisma though. I actually find him an interesting fellow, especially in regard to his attitude towards his sexual health. He wanted to live life to the full. Seems crazy and reckless, but I'm sure he lived more in those short years, than what others live in a 100 life times!

• Everyone says opera singers I get that
      But I mean from the same category of music and male
      Noone has been able to beat him
      And his stage performance has always been so crazy and just fun
      He was a true performer who was very talented
      It was a true loss when he passed away

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• There is a gospel singer named David Phelps who actual exceeds Freddy's prodigious range, projection and (arguably) tonal quality. Go to YouTube and find Oh, Holy Night by David Phelps and listen to it in its entirety. The real vocal pyrotechnics come near the end. Notes that'll bring tears to your eyes. This boy can just plain SANG!!!

• Fantastic voice and probably the best live front man ever for those old enough will remember how he stole the show the Live Aid concert in 1985 - Given a 25 minute time slot this is a master class on how to work the crowd.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A22oy8dFjqc

• He's not that special to me to be honest, I don't hate him, nor like him lol Hard to decide, but i respect him as an artist and he is an iconic figure for a reason.

• He was a singer from one of the greatest bands in history how can you not think he's special xD have you seen that crow in the video? Geez

• I love his voice
      I wish I could have witnessed it live
      He can hit any pitch and the way it's smooth it's ahh xD I love it
      He's way better than any performer nowadays
      If you hear them live the ones who are famous now
      They sound worse because their album is just auto tune

• Yeah i share the same opinion about todays "music" too! Let's just be happy that technology has advanced so much that we can watch and listen the things we love and play it over and over again without time traveling back then to watch it live!

• 45.media.tumblr.com/...lyh0lg13bM1qfbz1so1_500.gif
    Get outta here!

I suppose it's all subjective but I'm sure we can agree there are better singers.
    He's a great singer but he's not the best!

• In this day and age in music Noone compares to. him
      And I haven't heard a singer better than him

• I don't listen to rap

• It's apparent lol
      It's not for everyone!

• Not in mainstream music, no. Some opera opera and classical singers had more range and power. He was truly one of a kind though.
    Not many rockers can keep up with a top notch opera singer-
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IHRd0R-uKHc

• I can't handle opera 😂😂😂 it's just funny to me I don't know why everytime I hear it I laugh
      No offense to the singers
      It's hard to do opera but I don't know

• I dont like it either, I do have to admire the talent required to do what they do.

• Props for talent but I can't listen to it 😂

• I feel like music thing is very subjective and many will disagree with you on this one, but yeah he was a great singer during his days

• So many people deny it but he's the gay overlord of us all

• He's one of the best.

• Bohemian rhapsody ❤
    I think your questionare is over though it's always fun talking to you :P

• No since he started off as a Broadway singer and actually can hit off most vocal ranges

• It's just something about his voice xD yes I've heard many bands and old bands but he's just the alpha.
      Now if you look at music Noone compares at all.

• What's your favorite song of Queen?

• Show must go on 😂 hence why I linked it
      Did you see their audience? Fucks sake imagine being all the way in the back 😂

• I haven't heard anyone else do what he does/did.

What Girls Said 2

• Im with you on this one and the singers nowadays to me sound like they are screeching not singing Freddie was a true show man

• Right Said Fred