Do you think it's annoying when someone thinks they're smarter than you?

When in reality they are of average intelligence, are just being a narcissist, and proceed to treat you less than equal?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of times I play stupid to lure them

• I play asshole because I don't like it when people try to treat me like this haha

• It amuses me to find how stupid they really are

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. It happens often. I am a... flighty being and because of this people underestimate my intelligence. Despite me having my "dumb blonde" moments, I am actually quite smart. It's irritating for people to think less of me just because of my bubbly nature.

• Omg i feel this. Sometimes im just not thinking straight or im tired and ill do some questionable things but for the most part i can understand things pretty easily

• Same. The things I say are truly not what define me, haha. I say so much stuff and it's usually cause I'm not thinking straight either. I don't think before I speak most times so I have yet to master the art of filtering, haha. I know a lot of things and I understand them. I'm a quick learner. I just choose to be lazy. I am a silly person who laughs at almost anything, but if you really get to talking to me I can have a serious conversation and say something really intelligent and thought provoking things.

What Guys Said 10

• i don't care, because i won't make friends with they..
    i will be nice to people who are polite and kindness.
    no people is smarter than others, people are smart in some fields just because they take more time to learn, think and practise... you can do it...

• Yes, of course it's very annoying but then I just ignore such people.

• Yes because I'm a know it all and it pisses me the fuck off when someone explains something I already know, espically when they dumb it down thinking I'm an idiot!

• Yeah sometimes, but I find it more annoying when someone is a know-it-all.

• Makes you look bad haha

• I think it's annoying when someone projects like they know everything but when you talk to them they really just don't

• I know, and when you prove them wrong, they still think they are right. That makes me laugh every time.

• I just laugh it off but if they being obnoxious...
    www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/4103449.jpg

• It really depends whether they are or not! A few people I know are beyond ridiculously intelligent (i. e doing medicine at oxford, or physics at Cambridge) and if they think they are smarter than me they are right and I wouldn't be offended as long as they weren't mean about it. However if someone is just being arrogant and trying to act smarter than me when that isn't the case, I would be very annoyed.

• i don't think im smarter but i have knowledge in certain areas so sometimes people say the wrong thing and I correct them thats all it is

• Nope, couldn't care less.

• yep, lol these people usually do drugs. My friend does crack on a monthly basis.

• No, I think it's funny, but it doesn't happen very often. Now people generally seem to think I'm smarter than I am. When I was younger it was the other way around.

What Girls Said 2

• if they really were smarter than me then it won't annoy me if it's true. if we're both equally intelligent then yes it would bother me a lot!

• Well if they were smarter than me than they wouldn't treat others that way, bottom line. This is just them going on an ego trip

• Well it's different when you've earned your respect and you're already spoken for. and today I went to a tutor for my calculus class and I was asking him a question and he just acted like a jerk when answering my question. Like he was sitting there going through very basic things before answering my question when I told him I already knew that formula and I needed help with this one he would just treat me like a dumbass. Than he wasn't even very helpful at all as he said I don't know to a lot of my questions and for the most part just talked to the other tutors when I was talking to him.

• seems to me he's not the expert he thinks himself to be. or maybe he was just trying to make sure you understood everything correctly and you didn't mistake one thing for another?

• I absolutely hate it and it happens more than it should.

• Right? I think everyone is mostly equal. Like no one is smarter than anyone else but there are other people who work harder and have learned other things before others who are still learning things (difference of life experiences and age)

• It's even worse when people with zero life experience and world knowledge tries to patronise me, it makes me want to kick their fucking teeth in.