What is your opinion on Country Music?

I have actually heard a lot of people say that they do not like country music because of the way it's presented, especially that it's mainly about cheating and drinking stereotypically speaking.. there are also a lot of people who do not like the new country music sound that has come out over the past couple of years because a lot of people complain that it sounds more like hip hop or pop then in the actual country style. however, both are sort of true. tell me country music is just like any other Genre of music such as rock jazz pop rap hip hop etc... There is good and bad. The good can be almost poetic. Bluesy, and folk like in nature, Plus some songs can have good beats. however the one thing I do not like about some country songs is that some songs are racist and sexist in nature but just like any other genre of music that can be the norm. So what is your opinion of Country Music?

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally love country music. The lyrics are real and genuine. And, there are so many songs not about cheating or drinking. Try listening to The Band Perry, Sam Hunt, Dustin Lynch and a few others...

They each have quite a few songs, not about cheating or drinking, albeit a few that are... :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I like old country music like Hank Williams or even the semi-modern stuff like Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson, but I absolutely detest modern "country" music. There is nothing "country" about it at all except for a ridiculously absurd accent. It is basically just 1990s hip hop except with White people in the videos.

• I agree with you there I really think country music started going downhill after 1994 1995

• Johnny Cash is the greatet country musician of all time

What Girls Said 13

• I like country music. I especially like Brad Paisley , Keith Andersen & Keith Urban

Country songs have such deep meaning which people can relate to., Some of my favourite songs are by country music artists

• I like country music lol

It's my go-to choice

• I dislike 98% of all country music. But here are a few songs I do like.

https://youtu.be/6QEDb3xzdec

https://youtu.be/JYZMT8otKdI

This one, eh, I don't consider it to be very country. But it's one of my favorite songs by any genre.

https://youtu.be/nW9Cu6GYqxo

• It depends on the artist or band really. I like some of it.

• My truck is broke and my dog has died
    I like all sorts of food – especially fried
    my guy he done left me said I wasn"t much fun
    feeling so bad wish I had a gun.
    When I hear country music it makes me cry
    to think them making millions in Nashville Tennessee
    just burping out crap a real hillbilly.

• I like some of it but more so old school not really modern country music

• I love country music! Reminds me of my grandad!

• I've tried a few various bands and artists, but it's just not my style of music.

• I'm from Texas, home of country music. I hear it everywhere I go and I fucking hate country music. Only exception is Johnny Cash. To me Nickelback and Shinedown sound a bit country with heavy metal so Im okay with their music.
    Country music is terrible and annoying as hell.

• it's not a gender I listen very often, but I definetely like it. There are bad songs too, but that happens with every gender

• I hate country music so much. It's all rubbish to me

• I don't like country music I like music such as rock allertintive and dance music

• I don't listen to it. Not cause I don't like it or whatever just cz I've never had the desire to.

What Guys Said 14

• I like country music. The funny thing is that country music sounds a lot more modern these past few years than it did 15-20 years ago.

• I like very little country music, more like the bluesy kind you were talking about i suppose, used to be into pop country when i was a little kid though, now i really only listen to townes van zandt, and, well this isn't really country (no lyrics) but john fahey

• Because I was bombarded by it growing up, and the mentality of the people I personally knew that listened to it. It makes me think of ignorance and stupidity and ultimately irritates the hell out of me.

• I don't like today's country music.

I like the old stuff, Marty Robbins and George Jones. The stuff our grandparents listened to. From the 90's back pretty much is where I like it.

• Those are some of my favorites the songs were more wellwritten back then. Plus the singers actually had more control over their music back then

• I'll check them out, most of the music I have no idea who's singing, I just know I like it. XD

• Tom wrote almost al of his songs from real life experience

• country roads and wagon wheel... nuff said

• I listen to good music, whether it's country or not.

• i dont know much about country music , but this one reminds me of my childhood ; p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTeUdJky9rY

• Hated it growing up and now listen to it a fair amount.

• Care to elaborate why you like it and don't like it

• It was too hickish for me growing up. Now I've gone back to my roots. Some is still utter shit but I rather like most.

• Modern country music sucks
    Old country music can be good

• I can't stand it... I am not a "country guy" so I guess I have trouble relating to it and I dislike the "twang" in the music...

Plus, it's hard to tell one singer from the other. The country accent just feels forced and faked.

• I like it love it if want some more of it

• I like older country but rock like Zeppelin has my heart

• I grew up on the stuff in farmland USA, but i don't like it anymore. I ran away from that life lol

• I'm not a fan. Most I can listen is folk music with a little bit of country in it, but not country.