Can anyone think of something from their childhood that seemed radical at the time but on reflection, one can't help going, What were they thinking?

After my last question - I went and had a look at stuff from the 1980s that never quite caught on and I found THE WRIST INFORMATION SYSTEM... LoL

Can anyone think of something from their childhood that seemed radical at the time but on reflection, one can't help going, What were they thinking?

0|3
1|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Not technology, but yeah. :) In the early 80s in the USA there were some very unfortunate styling fads. There was "the rat tail," which was a very thin, long version of a pony tail, popular among girls and boys. (Aimee Mann from 'Til Tuesday had one in the video for "Voices Carry.") Then there were Coca-Cola clothes, which were just normal shirts with a big stripe across the chest that said "Coca-Cola." The shirts weren't cheap, so families were basically paying Coca-Cola a premium for the privilege of having their pre-teen child become a walking advertisement. Those were unbelievably popular when I was young.

Finally, lots of parachute material--pants, Members Only jackets, etc. Why? I suppose we'll never know. Nevertheless, they were quite "rad."

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• My sister had fan hair held up by aqua net hair spray
    My brother had garbage pail kids
    I learned DOS in kinder by telling the "turtle" triangle which way to turn

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3