For Younger Users - Another Question In The What Is This Series?

Inspired by @Dubhlann
What is this?

It was for the single on vinyl - When they were produced on 7 inch and played at 45 revolutions per minute (RPM) some of the older record players couldn't handle new format so you needed an adaptor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/45_rpm_adapter

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I had stacks of them...

What Girls Said 4

• Is that a BeyBlade disk or something? :D

586c40.medialib.glogster.com/.../...ade-source.jpg

• You needed it to listen to music - Will explain in update later

• Spilt milk? Lol or a logo of some sort?

• No - You used it for music mainly - Will explain in an update later on

• It's that piece in the middle of the record player to hold my moms old 45 from when she was a kid on the record player?
    I remember " there are coming to take me away ha ha ho ho he he"

• Are those for record players?

What Guys Said 12

• The video gamer in me immediately thought of an old game called Spore - this thing has the shape of an galaxy.
    The old anime nostalgic in me thought of Bayblade.
    And the pervert saw the three dicks going in circle...

• You are way too young to remember - It was for the single on vinyl - When they were produced on 7 inch and played at 45 revolutions per minute (RPM) some of the older record players couldn't handle new format so you needed an adaptor

• Seems like a symbol for nuclear waste or something.

• I had lots of them (and the thing you used them in, I am being deliberately vague here) but never had a need for them. I had a much bigger, solid one that held several of the media in question.

• Yeah that was much better and I generally used that one too. I always had a hard time getting it to fit properly.

• @Dubhlann In theory, without the much better one, you'd need a lot of these. I read up on it and it seems it depended on where the stuff was manufactured that had a strong bearing on whether you even needed them.

• So you need it to listen to music? You dont need that for cd's or cassettes so I am assuming for records? Is that the thing you place in the middle of the record so that it connects to the spinning rotor?

• They are awesome... still love listening to my Beatles - Abbey Road on vinyl. It has just has so much more charaacter!

• a plastic, ineffective shuriken.

• "Single on vinyl"

I'm surprised you didn't have to explain what that means. ;)

• I've seen those but not sure anymore what it is

• A drill attachment?

• Oh I definitely know what it is. My mom had stacks of them when I was a kid.

• i am guessing a magnet or the diaphragm of a speaker

• i thought it was a penis running in circles around a vagina..