Did you expect Gwen Stacys death to happen the way it went in the Amazing Spiderman 2?

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually refrained from seeing this movie, ONLY because I knew Gwen Stacy would die in it.

I don't really like movies in which important good characters die. Yeah, I'm a real softie inside! :P

• Im team Mary Jane but it hurt to watch

• Yeah it does, but those are just isolated gifs. They do not make me relate to the character or empathise with her, as would be the case if I had watched the entire movie.

• Wow, thanks for MHO! Didn't expect that! :P

What Girls Said 3

• It's slightly different in the film, but yes, that's what I expected because I read the comics.

• I didn't expect her to be killed off in the 2nd one

• Yes it was in the comic

• I remember reading her death in the comics. The movies changed it a bit but I knew she was gonna die.

What Guys Said 8

• To be honest, I completely expected her death before I went to see the film, but I hate how it was portrayed. The Green Goblin was not Norman Osborn like it was in the comics, the Green Goblin did not meet his fatal end like he did in the comics trying to kill Spider-Man, the Green Goblin didn't even resemble the classic Green Goblin costume, the fight and death scene of Gwen Stacey is supposed to take place on the George Washington Bridge and not in a clock tower, and in the movie, Gwen's head hits the floor but in the comics, Spider-Man caught her before she hit the ground by shooting a web at her, but it was left a mystery if Gwen's death was caused by the web yanking her up so violently it broke her spine, or if the shock of falling from the top of the bridge killed her before the web caught her. Plus, her death was rushed at the end. As you can see, one the of the greatest Spider-Man comics ever to be written, has been poorly adapted on screen.

• Well, not like that.

Ja ja

To this day my friends and I discuss weather it was her neck snapping, or her head hitting the floor (my theory).

• Yea i think she hit her head and it cracked the skull probably brain dead

• Yes because i read the comics... that particular comic book shocked at the time because the hero failed to save his loved one... a mile stone in colic book history

• i knew she was gonna die, but not like that.

• I know man! That was hardcore

• but she had to die, that is when Peter truly learned the wisdom through his uncle's words, with great power comes great responsibility.

• Nawl thats when Peter truly learned that he was into redheads named Mary Jane 😑

• They followed the comics better in the reboot series, I loved that

• Pretty much. Similar thing happened in the comic against Green Goblin so I wasn't shocked.

• What happened to him? Did he die like on Spiderman Par 1?

• Yeah she is supposed to die

• Yeah because they previewed it over and over again in the trailer.

• I never noticed

• Yeah in one of the previews they showed her falling. That was a big problem with that movie. They showed a lot in the previews.