What do you expect at a party?

This is probably an odd question. My boyfriend's 21st birthday is at the end of the month and I wanted to throw him a surprise party. My problem: I've never really thrown a party before.

I already decided I'm making a cake, sweet and sour meatballs, and a few drinks (alcoholic and non) and I'm thinking of having people bring more drinks or food. But I have no idea what to do for entertainment!

The only thing I've thought of is having a game themed party because my boyfriend is a big gamer, but other than that I'm lost.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• First off your a sweet girlfriend. Second hmm.. Have you thought about any party games. Um like I dunno silly things like truth or dare. Or maybe play monopoly? Or cards? Or umm... I dunno hangman? As long as it involves the whole group it should be fine.

• Aww, thank you :)
      I like the card idea, maybe I'll organize a giant uno tornument or buy Cards against humanity or something. And truth or dare might be interesting!

• Well if you need any help at all feel free to ask! :)

• Yes FREE! HELP! lol

What Guys Said 3

• I expect booze, food, some form of music, and a birthday cake (because it is a birthday party)

• Make the party potluck style with the food and booze, so everyone can bring something and make it easier for you!

• That's a good idea, thanks! :)

• People to ruin it and tell us how crazy us kids are.

• From my experience good parties start at someones house with drinks and snacks, move to a club and end up at someones house once again for an after party.

• There's pretty much no clubs around where I live😅

• And I'm sure the bars will be flooded with college kids so I'm attempting to avoid that :/

What Girls Said 1

• Is it a get together or a party party? I'd say music, food, and booze are like the three go to things.

• It'll probably be more so a small get together thing. He hasn't seen most of his friends in a while because of college so I thought it would be nice to have them celebrate his birthday with him

• Thank you :) I guess I may be overthinking it too. I don't know his friends very well.

• You're welcome. And this will be a chance to mingle with them. for you. And I'm sure your guy will appreciate you being so thoughtful.