What are your thoughts of Anime? I have been obsessed with how insightful clever it is after first seeing it in Japan in the 80's?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

• Either it can be trashy and horrible or it can be amazing. Like some over sexualized underaged-cat-maids with impossibly large boobs anime, versus one of Hayao Miyazaki's masterpieces. You should watch the newest one 'When Marnie Was Here' It is both beautifully written and animated. So either I hate it or love it, it just depends. I'm really nostalgic towards SailorMoon though It's beautiful

• it can be nice

• I've been watching Kill la Kill lately and I'm really diggin it.

Otherwise I really enjoy Fairy Tail

• I love anime, but I'm incredibly picky about the types I watch because there is an endless sea of utter garbage.

If you start watching it from crappy shows, your whole perception of it could be ruined.

• Sailor Moon is the only one I really got into.

• As an otaku I have to say I am all for anime.~

• Overrated.

• I tried to watch but couldn't get myself to click start, haha.

• I find it entertaining and better than any of the animation I've seen from america.

What Guys Said 11

• i enjoy it.

i just dont know why they call it anime, and I'm sure its not short for animation, or am I wrong about that lol.

• It's just the Japanese word for animation. Manga is the word for comics. Many westerners think of Anime and Manga through stereotypes (big eyes and pointy chins, etc) but they are extremely varied in style and genre.

• @Anno_Domini ahh thank you for the clarification. makes sense now :D

• I'm a fan for sure. Although shonen is pretty simple and straight forward, I can't not mention that Naruto is my personal favorite of all time.

• I feel like gems are hard to find from newer shows nowadays but have fond a couple really awesome ones I thoroughly enjoyed.

• I completely respect any form of art or story expression. It takes a certain kind of genius to weave a good story together and I'm always compelled to listen and watch every minute of it.

Besides, Japanese people have some of the CRAZIEST imaginations I've ever seen. Some of the best and most mind boggling stories I've ever seen have come from anime.

• Japanese people as a rule are so intriguing. Very different from other Asians

• You ever see One Punch Man? In case you haven't, if you're ever looking for a funny anime that just breaks all the rules (and I mean straight up stomps and pisses all over it) in an endearing fashion, check it out sometime.

• Is that picture from "Kimi no uso"?

Anyway, I'm very specific with what I watch when it comes to movies, including anime. First of all, they need to be deep (story wise) good animation, and either genre of drama/sad romance, gory, or involve inescapeable truths.

All in all, I do like "some" anime. ^.^

• It's cartoons drawn and animated and voiced in Japan.

Saying it's immature is like saying movies from the USA are all silly romantic comedies. It is a blanket statement that generalizes a multitude of genres based on nothing but country of origin. I find it extreme that some people think anime is bad just because it's "anime".

• Yeah there are some I really like to watch there is this really good sense from a anime movie regarding a Japanese Ronin the nameless swordsman and a Chinese Ming Warrior the white demon it was very interesting and extremely well done in every area, masterpiece.

• Anime is a lot of good things, but insightful and clever are not some of them.

• I grew up reading manga such as Miyazaki's "Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind," "Akira," "Area 88," "Mai the Psychic Girl," "Ranma 1/2," and many others, back when it was underground in the US.

• I enjoy some anime, but I prefer comic books over mangas and anime.

• What do you find insightful about it?

• how the depict life is a subtly different manner, it is like a twist in a novel