What do you think of this interview video of Ronda Rousey considering suicide after her loss to Holm?

I honestly think she's just being very pathetic by acting like such an attention whore this way. We get it, she suffered her loss for the first time and was deceived by her own hype train. She should get over herself and move on to become a better fighter and better person, not whore herself on the media and a make a mockery out of people with real suicidal issues. Besides, didn't she once claimed that her father committed suicide? Wouldn't that mean she's making a mockery out of her own father?

• I think this is absolutely pathetic. She just doesn't want to lose her media attention.
  • I feel bad for her.
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• She is ridiculous. Some people are too full of themselves which only makes them look so much more like losers than they actually are.

holly's personality in contrast, appears to be so humble, nice, and doesn't even have to try or appear to be "awesome", she just is, because it shows...

But I do Feel sorry for Ronda in the sense that she HAS to state and repeat to herself and to all others, constantly, that she is "ThAT GReAT" to believe it or to make people know it... When people like Holly, don't even have to say a word for people to recognize when something/someone is amazing, because they just shine... Because it shows... Without having lables or verbal reminders.

A suicide thought for a lost fight is just as brainless as the guy who cut off his penis on valentines day... As if the world is gonna end because you're single on a particular day of the year? Or because you lost a fight? ... That's not rational thinking.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 30

• Does this make you feel better about yourself, trying to demonise someone who claims to be suicidal?

Get a grip.

• I'm all for helping suicidal people who are actually suicidal and have real life issues but there's a fine line between that and just being a manipulative attention whore who fakes a suicide story just to get him/herself mores sympathy. by the way, I never claimed to be a professional but I just happen to know a lot of clinically depressed people and under-privileged people who grew up without a family (basically orphans), that have actually thought and attempted suicide before.

• No, we shouldn't dismiss it.
      I guess the way I'm looking at it is more applying it to other people. Sometimes it can be frustrating when people consider something so dramatic as this, over something that they can just work on to improve.

• @Gems692 I agree that people can be over dramatic but sometimes it isn't the big stuff that tips people over the edge - it can be one tiny thing that shatters them. It may be trivial to someone else, but to them it brought their world to a standstill.

• No one knows whats actually going on in her life. There may be lots of other things adding up and little things can add up quickly to make a big sum. I don't think everyone should be in her business on this poll judging her for getting emotional and having thoughts like that. I just put other because I don't really know what to think of it, just that its none of my business and i'm not going to judge someone based off one interview or judge them at all.

• I'm rather torn on this. When I'd first read that she felt suicidal over it, I was like, what? really?

But then.. watching her explain it.. it makes sense.

This is basically who she is. It is everything about her. and in a moment, it was all shattered like her jaw.

Plus, we don't know if she's struggled with depression her whole life, if she's had these thoughts her whole life.

MMA may have been her salvation.. where she found her self-worth, her purpose. and to go, the heavy favourite to win, and then lose like that..

Her whole world just dropped away in an instant. Her whole identity.

She didn't just lose a match.. she lost herself.

• Why are you trying to write poetry?

• Personally I feel she has learned to play the celebrity game to well were anything and everything can be used for publicity and fame. Whats the number 1 celeb move when tgeir career is flagging a sob story. So you have celebrities spilling the beans to the world of their troubled personal life "my father raped me" "my father killed himself" "my struggle to overcome racism" "how I beat the bullies" "my drug shame" "my sex addiction" on and on like that all for publicity and fame nothing is sacred or private not even their children and most of these sob stories are hugely exaggerated or just pure lies.

• @Spermdumster666 while I agree that is possible, and that is where my mind went at the very first...

Many people first start up Martial arts and such, because of self-esteem issues, or to build confidence.

I've only seen this clip, so I don't even know how the subject came up.

• I feel bad for her because I don't lack empathy and I'm not so busy trying to pretend to know everything that I lack basic decency and tact. A lot of people seem to be quick to dismiss someone as simply trying to show off and get attention and they voice this speculation so arrogantly like they're Sherlock Holmes and they have all the facts. But they don't so they should stop trying to put on display what they think they know because it looks pathetically arrogant and tacky.

• She is ABSOLUTELY NOT PATHETIC. Don't discriminate against people who are at a low point in their lives. She used to be undefeated and then she lost for the first time. I completely agree with everything she said about "Who am I anymore if I am not this?" It make perfect sense.

• I could understand her question herself. Since after so long of never losing a fight. Then actually losing. That would make yourself question what you know and your technique. Though she went about it all wrong when thinking about it. She went the pity party route. Which is sad and pathetic because so what if you lost. Just means you need to think about what your doing wrong and improve.

She isn't bruce lee. Which when he was alive never lost a fight. Though that is due to the fact that. When he was younger he would be beaten up. So he hated that feeling and trained EXTREMELY hard so that it would never happen again. It never did and I'm sure even if bruce lee lost a fight. I doubt he would cry and be like how she's being. I'm sure he would just pick himself up, smile at the dude, tell him how awesome he was, ask him some questions, and then work on his own style on improving.

Like one of his quotes says “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APx2yFA0-B4

• Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Bruce but that never lost a fight shit is so tired, he was an overblown martial arts showman, it's never been proven that he was such a great fighter as people claim him to be.

• fuck i only wish I had rhythm like Bruce Lee when I fight. guy could dance around all these fools without breaking a sweat

• Why are you minimizing her emotions? I'm sure she actually felt that way. You have no idea what it's like to be famous and basically worshipped and have a whole nation expecting so much of you and then not meeting that expectation. I don't either obviously but I don't have to know what it feels like to understand that it can be devastating to some people in that situation.

You have no right to tell anyone that their suicidal feelings are invalid simply because you don't deem their "reason" worthy enough.

• I've read some of your comments and dude- you don't know her. You don't know if she all of a sudden felt suicidal for the first time in her life, for all you know she's been battling it for years. And you also can't say she's only saying it for attention, that's just your perception, which may or may not be reality. The point is you have no way of knowing.

People like you need to stop hating celebrities and public figures so much and focus on your real world. Leave her alone. You don't know the woman

• Why are you such an ass? Her father killed himself, she knows the pain associated with suicide. It wasn't a laughing matter to her. Also, she got kicked in the head. She could have had a concussion that altered her mind.

• 1 KO is hardly going to do that much brain damage.

• @BangBadBxtches 10 and a half

• Makes sense.

• I'm kind of torn on how to feel, some people can put on such a show

• I answered C. I don't feel bad for her but I don't think she's pathetic. I do think the really like attention.
    They are so many factors to depression and she was in a low so it's possible. As for loosing. I don't know much of her but it's understandable how loosing can be hard for an athlete.
    I don't think she told it to bring awareness to depression and suicide but because she wanted the attention

• She is a advocate for suicide awareness or just mental health in general. She attacks people who she thinks use suicide too lightly yet she Saud she considered killing herself because she lost a game. That says a lot about her mental health She is too full of herself , vanity is a real problem. and then she goes from crying to saying she wants to fight holly so she can beat her and make everything go back to normal. What about this sounds mentally healthy?

• If you ever saw or know about her mom, you'll know exactly why she is mentally unhealthy.

• This woman has dedicated her life to fighting. She was at the top of her game. So of course when she suddenly lost for the first time it hit hard. You have no right to judge whether she's actually feeling what she says she's feeling. She's not pathetic just because someone out there has it worse. When my parents died i wanted to die. That wasn't pathetic just because someone out there has no living family at all. You don't know what she's going through.

• But at least your reason of suicidal thoughts are understandable (in your own take here). Ronda Rousey, on the other hand, has nearly everything (except for her belt) handed to her on a silver platter. She still has her mother and a bunch of her yes-men and fans by her side, even after her loss.

• she's a spoiled brat that's what i am on about.

• @blondfrog she worked for everything she got

• The brain thinks about the fastest ways to end problems. Suicide is often a glimmer of a choice, but is not dwelled upon. It's easy for people with no understanding to say she's pathetic. Also, people who have parents that commit suicide are more likely to choose suicide. Obviously, she's doing things that make her feel alive. You're an incredibly lame male.

• There's no way for me to tell if she's actually feeling suicidal so I'm not going to pass any judgment.

• This is kind of her karma for how arrogant and unsportsmanlike she has been. Not that I enjoy her pain but the mighty have fallen. She wasn't humble at all

• I feel like with all the bragging she was doing pre fight and in general it was nice to see her taken down a peg.

• I just heard about this on the radio today. I think she has the right to be upset but suicide is just taking things way too far... it's just a game! She changed her mind about it tho and plans to do it again in the future... according to what I heard...

• I voted "other". I don't really like her and she got really carried away with all the hype she got. Hopefully she learned some humility from this. I don't find it pathetic but I do see it as a way for her to grab more media attention.

• A competitive athlete's life often completely revolves around sports.
    Please be a bit considerate of personal lives, and competitive athletics which you seem to know little of.

• I think, because she is an athlete, and is passionate about MMA, she should feel that way because SHE'S NEVER LOST. It'd feel really weird just losing all of a sudden when all this time you were successful and now you feel like a failure, like you couldn't keep the trend going.

• You know, I think Ronda Rousey is a great fighter and I love her attitude, and normally I would probably feel bad for her. But to say you want to kill yourself because you've lost ONE TIME out of all your amazing fights? That's bullshit. There is always the possibility that there's other shit that's going on with her, and if that's the case then maybe I could sympathize with her. I just think she needs to realize that sometimes you're gonna lose, but you gotta get back up and fight even harder.

• i think my answer kinda dissects whyshe's like this if you're interested

• Well, you have no idea if she has suicidal issues in real life or not. There's no way for you to know. She could be thinking about suicide or she isn't. She is her job. If she loses her job then she really is nothing. Nobody will give a flying rat's ass about her once she's lost the fame.
    Personally, I think you're just an anon troll who thinks he can get a good laugh making fun of those who consider suicide. Get a grip, you child

• Maybe she felt that way because she put for all into something and it didn't go the way she had hoped for. That's how she felt. Every one is different and what might be a small thing for one is a huge thing for another. She probably wouldn't have had much choice to do that photo shoot either. Her managers would have booked it. Bless you if ever feel that low

• I think that people who actually think about killing themselves already had other issues because you don't just lose a match and react that way, that's not normal.

Maybe we don't know everything about her life.

• You don't know what's going on in her life and how she really feels, so how could you possibly deem her emotions as unworthy? I feel bad for her that she feels this way. I know what it feels like to be suicidal since I suffer with depression myself.

• I would be too embarrassed to even admit that if I were her.

• I'm tired of this in my feed and voted just to make it disappear. I couldn't care less

• She is pathetic. She just is poor at sportsmanship. I see it as karma for acting cocky

• I don't really like her anymore, I think she got too cocky.

tstos.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/taterousey.gif

• You sound biased in your dislike for her. She was in the toughest moment of her career. Who are you to say anything and more importantly... why do you care? She got emotional talking about it and why can't she be open with public if she wants to without being called out of her name? Learn how to respect women. Your language is disgusting.

What Guys Said 67

• I have disliked Ronda since the Ultimate Fighter. She is a weak (all of the DNB and the like is false bravado that she says to try and compensate for her own feelings of insecurity), delusional, distasteful human being.

However, life isn't as black and white as people want to make it out to be. Just because you like or love someone that doesn't mean that you have to like every single thing that person does, nor does it mean that you have to approve of and agree with everything single thing they say or do. Just because you dislike or hate someone that doesn't mean that you have to believe that everything they do is wrong, nor does it mean that you have to disagree with and hate on every single thing that they say or do.

Is it pathetic that she felt this way over a single match? Yes, but I understand. People can be highly emotional and easily lose perspective and think irrationally in moments like this. Think about it. This was without a doubt the lowest moment in her professional career to date, if not the lowest moment in her entire life. Her entire identity was suddenly and violently ripped from her in front of the entire world.

With regard to that one moment in her life, I actually feel sorry for her.

• If she was truly clinically depressed, then yeah, I would feel some sympathy for her (even after all of her bullying antics). I'm not that fucked up to wish suicide on anyone but I absolutely hate phonies who just want to start a pity party for themselves to stay relevant and maintain their media attention.

• *manipulative phonies*

• I think it's hilarious, because she was talking shit like she could beat any guy in her weight class. Then she loses to a woman. She needed to lose to get off that superiority train.

When you're the best and you always think you're the best, a loss is felt much more intimately. If you've never lost, then you feel exceptionally more worthless when you lose, as opposed to someone who has grown up experiencing losses. So I have no doubt she is hurting.

I'm glad that she got her ass kicked by a woman, though. Even her champion-wrestler mother was like "Uhhh, Ronda, you shouldn't fight guys, because they're twice as strong as you pound for pound." It really pissed me off when she said that, just because the kind of hubris that takes. It's like me saying, as a 130 pound man, that I could take out any 260 pound UFC fighter.

The thing that pissed me off even more was that *a lot of guys* were also saying that she could beat all of the guys in her weight class. To me, it's like this "women can do anything guys can do!" thing. And yeah, *to an extent*, but when you have this pseudo-equality thing extending over the undeniable physical barrier, it becomes ridiculous political correctness.

Anyway. I'm rambling. Okay. After watching the video. I get it. "If I'm not this anymore then what am I." Definitely understand that sentiment. However, she is still a tremendous fighter. She just needs some time to work it out and understand that *someone is always going to be better*, and maybe she isn't a God of fighting who could kick the asses of every single man and woman in the UFC. That just because she lost, doesn't mean that she's not a fighter. She'll work it out. She doesn't strike me as the type to play games. She's a lot more straightforward, is how I've pictured her. I don't think it's an attention play.

I don't think she's making "a mockery" of suicidal people. I think she really did feel like dying for a bit. It happens.

• I think the only reason why a lot of guys are saying that Ronda can beat all of the men in the world is because they either have a hard-on for her or they're just being politically correct because she's a woman.

• I think she became a victim of her own fame, she started becoming full of herself and arrogant. You could see in her fight with holly holms, she had no respect for her ability and seemed like an ungrateful child in her response to being decisevely dominated by her boxing.

She needs to humble herself and although I think she needs to fix that from within. I have to actually say a lot of this is also related to Dana White. He does this a lot, he leans on whoever he thinks is most marketable and not about skill. I. e Jose Also is perhaps the greatest pound for pound fighter in the UFC and he's ignored by Dana because he isn't a big promoter, The same can be said for a lot of fighters.

Like Rhonda Rousey who's fame was built around being hte most attractive and marketable womens fighter... whom Dana could milk. Dana did the same thing to Jon Jones. he was destryoed by Alexander Gustaffson and Dana kissed his ass regardless of what he did because he was marketable. I. e he ran someone over and did cocaine... if it were anyone else he'd have kicked them out the UFC in an instant. Dana would fill his number 1 promotable fighters heads with junk until they were a victim of their own entitlements and became ruined.

So although I think Rhonda should learn a lesson from her own hype she bought into. The blame is also with Dana white who's a contributor to this problem, he's done it time and again with multiple fighters.

The UFC isn't about who's the best fighter, it's about who's the best person to promote. Take Chael Sonnen. 4 consecutive losses then a title shot against anderson silva... Dana licks the ass of whomever he feels brings him the most money

I'm saying this as someone that likes the sport and wants Dana to retire so it can be about the fighters

• Pretty much. That's the reason why a friend of mine who just recently turned pro in MMA never plans on fighting under the UFC because of how often he hears how there's too much drama, favoritism and politics in that organization, especially involving with Dana White. This is also probably why Fedor Emelianenko (who's not only considered to be the greatest heavyweight MMA fighter of all time but the greatest MMA fighter to never have competed in the UFC) never went to the UFC,

The UFC is pretty much the "WWE of MMA" and Fedor may as well be the Sting of MMA (only difference is, Sting finally decided to work under the WWE just last year, very late of his career, where Fedor hardly ever planned on going to UFC and and probably never will up to his offical retirement).

• Fedor did consider it but on conditions. I feel as though Dana White would have been doing everything in his power to set Fedor up for failure and when he fell, he wouldv'e been asserting to everyone how much better UFC fighters are and that Fedor didn't have real competition because he wasn't there. Probably lifted a huge weight of his shoulders, i'm assuming Fedor's investors would've got him to move organisation and in that instant, Dana would rip him to shreds.

I almost noticed the Bias Dana has with language. He'll quickly shit on anyone that can't speak English and speak more for them then themselves. I actually used to like Dana

• Yeah. Whether people would like to believe it or not, Dana White has quite a lot in common with Vince McMahon. Both have very big egos about their own organization and produced stars and some of the stars outside of their own organization. For instance, Vince would try to bury almost all of the talented WCW and ECW wrestlers that he's bought back in 2001, using his own top main event wrestlers. Dana would do something very similar with all of the WEC, Strikeforce and PRIDE fighters that he signed up after purchasing all of these organizations.

And now that you've mentioned that Dana White/UFC has a prejudice against foreigners who have difficulty with the English language, Vince McMahon/WWE is the same in a sense that he has a prejudice against Japanese pro wrestlers who were all very talented but aren't very fluent in English and lacked the big bodybuilder physique that Vince drools over.

• I'm stuck between disgusted and sorry.
    she was really shaken up. to get so rattled that you would consider that, you should be pitied.
    but... when you are in a competitive sport, and you consider killing yourself because you lost? That is retarded. If you can't handle losing, you have no right to win. Pick a non-competitive sport. like camping.

That said? The media, entertainment, news, everyone... absolutely SHIT all over her just because someone else, with strength and skill, beat her. "Ronda lost a fight! mock her and call her a hack and a has-been!"
    The way she was treated was disgusting, and I don't doubt it was that treatment that effected her even more than disappointment in losing.

• A woman facing adversity and openly victimizing herself in response What! Look, this isn't a gender issue in spite of what was just said. Overall, Rhonda has been a great female public figure that successfully rebuked many feminist talking points.

When you get so hyped up, the crash hurts. Even men in her situation would think about suicide. The issue I have is going public with it, when it's highly personal. Professional victims take to the microphone and announce their plight. She isn't a professional victim. She's a fighter.

She gets a pass though. I don't think we understand just how high on the pedestal she was before the fight. Failing will screw up anyone.

• I never said it was a gender thing. I'm just saying she's being an attention whore. You never hear trash-talking boxers like Muhammad Ali, Hector Camacho Sr or Prince Naseem Hamed making a sob suicide story about themselves over their first loss, just to garner more sympathy from the public.

• Prince Naseem Hamed isn't that old. He started boxing professionally in the early 1990s (during an era where certain societal things began to change). Stop trying to turn this into a gender issue when this is an individual athlete issue.

• It's not a gender issue, but there are cultural norms that explain why men and women handle their emotions differently.

They both feel pain, obviously. But they handle it differently based on what they believe is socially acceptable.

• I think you only can relate to the impact a loss has if you're competing on that level yourself and lose. It's even harder in a sport like this, on the moment there is a huge crowd and you have been undefeated before. I can understand these thoughts crossed her mind, since it's almost everything she lives for. That said, I think she is a sore loser (as most top athletes are). I think this will be an important moment for her as a person and her career. Careerwise, she will get strength from this to perform even better. As a person, she will become more humble.

• Dude, plenty of passionate big star athletes (Be it Muhammad Ali when he suffered his 1st loss to Joe Frazier, 100s of NFL players who lost in their Super Bowl games, 100s of players who lost in the FIFA World Cup games, etc.) at many different sports have suffered losses at some point. I don't see what makes Ronda Rousey so special in this factor.

• I think Muhammad Ali is special for his great sportmanship, not the other way around. Losing in an MMA fight is emotionally more impactful than losing a super bowl or FIFA World cup, because it's an individual sport and because it's much more humiliating when you literally get your ass kicked than when a ball passes a certain point. Fighting is just the most intense thing on the planet. And I completely understand her emotions took over at some point. I don't say it's right, but it shouldn't be judged too hard because it's natural and you have to be very strong to keep yourself together after a loss.

• professional fighters like rousey have to spend a lot of time and effort building up the right mindset to competing in extremely dangerous UFC matches. it's literally a case of,

"if I'm not kicking their teeth in, they will be kicking mine in"

as an MMA fighter, you have to constantly be dealing with the threat of concussions, broken bones from submissions or strikes, and actual brain damage from being knocked out or choked out (guillotine). so the pros make a point of WINNING all, or most of their matches. before a match, the good fighters like Rousey will NOT be saying things like, "oh, I'm just going to try my best", "oh, may the best [wo]man win".

instead they are going to be loudmouthed and obnoxious: "I'm going to win", "I'm going to obliterate my opponent", "they're going to get smashed to pieces", etc. it is just how they get into the right frame of mind.

so you have to understand it has become a part of who they are. for Rousey to lose after a continuous streak of non-stop wins, it is going to be devastating after literally years of developing the skill, strategy, physique and confident mindset required to compete in UFC.

• I understand that but still. Professional boxers go through the very similiar things. However, like I said a couple of times here, you never hear Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Muhammad Ali, or many other trash-talking athletes, making up a suicide story to get sympathy from people who were never fans of them to begin with.

• i can't do that shit as a hobby. i might cry if i get hit with a pillow too hard... jk. i mean i played football and did rugby and shit, but mma is a different level. my cousin's wife's husband (my cousin died) does that shit for a living and there's like no money. he seems pretty chill, but she posts pics of him with broken bones and stitches and shit and i'm just like, why? fun to watch, but can't imagine how people think it's fun to do competitively. you have to be nuts.

• or really good... sparring is not too bad actually. you can do light touch sparring (I normally break it down into muay thai or bjj slow rolling rather than full contact MMA... wrestling I suck at big time) or more competitive sparring. it's your choice, just pick your opponents wisely lol. sparring for boxing is harder in many ways because you are always dealing with blows to the head and body. muay thai you can get that but a lot of the time it's just low kicks when you're sparring and occasional clinches, punches, etc.

• Normally I would agree with you, accept the fact that her father commited suicide. Depression is shown to run in families, not to mention all the emotional crap from dealing with a close family member commiting suicide. I think her depression is real, and she should get help to make sure she doesn't wind up like her dad.

• I can't believe you would even bother getting so worked up over her. get a grip dude. Anyways there's no reason to draw straws, you don't know her in real life so who are you to call her names like that. You can't say she's an attention whore because those tv stations could very well have invited her on. And as for pathetic? Uh dude most everyone loses at some point in that sport, 100% all of those losers could still kick your ass.
    Why the hell does gag promote stupid things like this, its not about girls helping guys or vice versa, this site is a community geared towards dating and relationships, not some hollywood magazine bent on making drama.

• "Uh dude most everyone loses at some point in that sport, 100% all of those losers could still kick your ass."

No fucking shit sherlock. They're supposed to kick non-professional fighters like myself, otherwise, why the hell would they be pro fighters in the first place? That's not my point though.

My point is, people need to stop babying and coming up with all sorts of excuses for Ronda Rousey's poor sportsmanship and loss, as if she's so special. Plenty of great fighters suffer losses and build themselves back up to be a better fighter by trying to avenge their first loss, not fake their tears on live TV to get sympathty from the public.

I'm willing to bet if it someone like Floyd Mayweather pulls the same shit, everyone would be singing a completely different tune.

• You are welcome to message me mister internet tough guy. You won't be the first.

• "If you really didn't care you wouldn't reply"

Lol, I said I don't really care if you try to get me banned just because we have different viewpoints and don't get along with each other for it. I never said that I'd stop or never reply to you just to give you my two cent/piece of my mind.

"You are welcome to message me mister internet tough guy. You won't be the first"

LMFAO! Never claimed I was an internet tough guy but okay Mister preachy, pretentious, MMA-expert guy.

• i think it's hard for people who do not compete in sport at this top level to understand the dedication and will these athletes put into their craft. it becomes their identity. so to lose can be akin to loss of identity.

i voted other.

• You have no fucking idea what's going on in her head at that moment. She deserves the benefit of the doubt. She might be in a bad place right now and it is not your place or mine to decide whether it is authentic or not. Think about it. If she is found dead at her place, you'll look like an ass and it will be well deserved

• Haha I saw that yesterday and she was being way overdramatic. I mean first of all she kinda deserved it before her loss she was disrespected her opponent which is fine cause I mean lets face it its a fight so no love loss, but to still ask for respect after losing to the opponent who beat her when she was the one who disrespected her I mean c'mon. Secondly she acts like such a spoiled child I mean she still has fame and is a millionaire I guarantee and acted so ungrateful fighters lose all the time that's just life we've all lost in something we have all failed, but a true brave person would be able to pick themselves right off and dust themselves off.

• She threw the fight.

I watched it live, and saw a lifelong trained judo champion not even attempt one throw or take down. I think she wanted to lose.

I don't care much for any media monger.

• I dislike her but if she actually felt suicidal then I feel sorry for her, its quite credible that when people are at the top of their game, and something is their whole life that when they lose they can sometimes hit an all time low. And it takes a lot to talk about it so to call her pathetic is even worse. Who are you to say she did or didn't feel like she wanted to end her life unless you were inside her mind?

If someone had cancer or had broken several bones and they told the world would you still call them pathetic? she's a world class MMA fighter, admittedly lost and spoke about it and her feelings in interviews and you came on the internet, remained anonymous and called a suicidal person pathetic... If she's pathetic I have no idea what that makes you then...

• I think it is kind of pathetic. All sports people win some and lose some. What she should do is train her hardest and do her best and never feel too bad about it as long as she knows she left it all out there.
    It's OK to be disappointed but anything more than that is just wankery.

• Stupid sport attracts stupid people

• I agree. Take your L like a grown up, I bet LeBron felt like hitting the "fuck it" button last year. But you don't see him bitching.

But, to be fair. This was probably mainly to make herself more relatable to your everyday woman. In that case, I get it.

• I will say C - She is probably one of those foolish people who make dramatic statements and have no attention on carrying them out but she believes it in her own mind.

• Why is this a Featured Poll? She suffered a career setback and fell into depression. Her father suffered from severe clinical depression and no, she doesn't dishonor him, she is perversely honoring him.

Is she faking it? If so, who cares? If you don't want a show, keep the television turned off. If not, she seems like a regular human to me. I suspect she is not faking, but she might be, and either way I don't care. Why is this a featured poll?

• Probably because I, like many people, are sick and tired of Ronda Rousey being constantly shoved down our throats by all of the media outlets, along with the Rousey tard fans trying to make her out to be some super goddess who can do no wrong and who you shouldn't dare criticize.

• I don't watch much TV, and this is the first I have heard of her. By posting this, you're simply contributing to the throat-shoving. You're taking Outrage Bait that she's dangling before you so you will draw more attention to her and make her more money. There is a popular quote attributed to Elvis Presley's manager, Colonel Tom Parker: "I don't care what you say about him, just spell his name right!"

• I don't either. I'm a slightly more of a boxing fan than I am an MMA fan but all of the sudden, they put Ronda Rousey on The Ring cover magazine. A fucking boxing cover magazine, when she's not a boxer nor had any good stand up anywhere near remotely close to the skill level of an amateur boxer to begin with!

• She acts all big, tough, and cocky but can't handle losing ONE time?

People lose their homes and loved ones but don't consider suicide. Meanwhile she wipes her tears with $100 bills.

• No, I think she tied her whole persona and sense of self-esteem to being this invincible badass. When she finally faced a decent fighter who she couldn't overwhelm with sheer size, it devastated her inside to feel that sense of vulnerability that getting beat up engenders. Hell, most fighters fight because they've been pushed around and didn't like it, so I'm sure this brought up a lot of negative feelings from her personal life.

• I feel bad for her, but c'mon, I can't believe that anyone would find this surprising.

In EVERY interview she's given prior to the fight, her body language just screams insecure little girl. All that pouting and shit talking before, you can just tell she's just putting on a mask to hide some really dark shit inside her head.

• CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY SHE HAS MORE POPULARITY THAN HOLLY HOLM, THERE IS FAVORITISM IN THE UFC AND MEDIA BECAUSE $ COMES WITH POPULARITY IN FIGHTING SPORTS AND HOLLY HOLM DESERVES IT FOR KO'ING THAT WOMAN (all due respect to ronda rousey)

• It's the ultimate in pathetic. People lose in sports all the time, but most of them don't threaten to kill themselves after each loss. At least half of the NFL league has never won the super bowl, but you never hear them attempting suicide.

This is a very sad case of wanting attention. I wouldn't be surprised if she "leaked" a sex tape too.

• I don't feel bad for her since she dominated so many other fighters. I'm not sure if she really thought she'd go through her entire career without a single loss but that's pretty unrealistic. I will say this, if she did off herself she'd make a hot corpse

• She's worth 10 million dollars
    Has a boy friend
    Only lost once in like ten years

It'll be okay Rhonda
    She still hosted SNL
    She'll get the rematch
    If she wins she continues
    If she loses sge still has options
    ESPN
    Movies
    Books
    Biggest loser weight loss guru

She overreacted

Losing a fight isn't depression
    Having one arm and leg IS depression
    Losing a family member IS depression.

She was crushed but she'll be okay. It's silly to wanna kill yoursekf over losing the championship

Kobe Bryant has won 5 championships out of 8 try's. Yiu win some you lose some. At the end of the day the nfl, nba, mlb, Ufc, make billions off of kids games. Grow up athletes, save your money and that way when it's time to retire a loss won't mean no more money.

• She's human too, just like the rest of us.

Calling her pathetic because she experiences intense emotions is kinda pathetic in my opinion.

• Experiencing intense emotions isn't what's making her pathetic in this video, it's her acting like a spoiled brat just because things won't always go her way that is, by making up a sob suicide story to maintain her media attention. Plenty of boxers have gone though the same and had life much more tougher than Ronda Rousey yet you never hear them making up suicide stories nor were they shoved down our throats by their promoters. She still has her mom, boyfriend and most of her fans by her side even after her loss for christ sake!

• Why would you assume that she's making it up? You can't imagine a scenario wherein a professional sports athlete -- who gets their validation and adoration for their performance -- might be devastated by a blow to their career? Because it's happened before:

articles.latimes.com/.../sp-3894_1_donnie-moore

Also, you need to understand that mental illness isn't logical. She could have all the money, all the fame, and lots of love in her life, but for some that's still not enough -- some succumb to depressive thoughts even though they live seemingly great lives.

Get off your high horse, man.

• Tbh accept defeat and move on noone is perfect. Everybody makes mistakes just learn from it nd make yourself even better.

• I really hope she's not in the next Expendables movie...

• Those of her that feel bad for her, I don't see why. Before she was brought down she was convinced she was the very best. She shouldn't be talking or even thinking about suicide, she's young and she can make a come back. She's thinking selfishly, that would hurt her mother and her fans.

• More from Guys
    37