Are americans that unintelligent?

i watched a survivor episode and were mindblown... negatively.

here are the proofs of americans' intelligence!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0RH0cYs4lw

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah they just put the dumb ones on reality TV because it wouldn't be as entertaining if they had intelligent people on there

• thats what i thought. but wouldn't the smart ones be more intriguing.. ?

• To the asker, I died when the interviewer asked that man the religion of Israel and he just nodded and confidently said, "Israeli"

• hahaha that vid rocks! where is greece? in asia? tell me a country from u. yugoslavia! utah! put a pin on iran. marks australia! lol. there are so many gems there i can't count them!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• My husband and I watch and we live in Australia.. I think the specifically pick idiots for reality tv, if it was intellectual it would most likely be voring. I have to say the people on that show aren't the brightest crayons in the box but the same could be said for anyone thats on Australian reality tv shows. If you want to see dumb watch big brother Australia or first dates.. you may lose a few braincells watching them though!

• Actually the worst we have is called Gogglebox.. a tv show about people watching tv shows lol

• Well considering the number of inventions made in the US, I doubt that they're ALL unintelligent. Also they have the technology and facilities that many "smart people" from other nations need but don't have in their countries
    But I noticed that a good portion of Americans tend to be a bit clustered within their borders when it comes to basic knowledge, language..., unlike other people. But here Again not ALL of them are like that.

• #generalisation532 lol im not sure basing American intelligence off survivor is a good idea mate.

• Yes.
    Yes we is.

• unfortunately, most americans lack common sense, while the rest of us just shake our heads.

• What nationality are you?

• Unicornian... .

• norway. our tv shows suck though.

• Well I found the Robinsonekspedisjonen (which is pretty much like survivor) and the Internatet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37yW9O2lnOY

• No, some Americans are highly intelligent others are really stupid. It's like that anywhere

• Although I'm a American, I can say that most Americans are lacking in intelligence.

• you are fair and objective.

What Guys Said 8

• They put a bunch of below average intelligence people on reality shows because the average population finds them hilarious.

• Are you really stereotyping a huge population over a show? The USA is a world super-power with constantly evolving state-of-art technology. The USA is a country that appreciates science and not only is it home for some of very notable scientists but also gathers scientists from all over the world, gives them citizenship and funds their research to better the country and the rest of the world. If this is unintelligent in your dictionary, then I'm sure great minds that barely get any recognition in other countries is quite intelligent.

• It's reality TV. What did you expect?

• You show your own intelligence is lacking if you honestly think reality TV or a show like survivor is a good example of a countries intelligence.

• You base intelligence off of reality TV shows... and your talking about intelligence?

You do realize they scrape those people from the bottom of the barrel most of the time!

• they look like more the america people's elite to me... .

• I think I watched three episodes one time just to give it a chance and thought... this can't be real?

• haha yeah dude i completely agree. and i find these elimination processes and backstabbings cruel too... .

• I don't watch survivor.. am I American?

• No, just certain, Americans... Some of us are smart... I think... I hope...

• wouldn't say unitellenget but... naive , very very naive and easily offended ( personal experience )