Why Leonardo DiCaprio can't get oscar?

Why? What do you think about that?
Why Leonardo DiCaprio can't get oscar?He's sad...

• Because he's Leo dicaprio
  • Because i don't know

Most Helpful Guy

• He's baby-faced and people of Academy voting age can't forget his original role on TV as the baby-faced teenager Luke on Growing Pains during it's last season of 1991-92.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXiSQqq9Vss
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li-85uaLhZg

He's a decent actor, but that baby-face is something that he will have until his 60s.
    For this reason, it's hard to see him as, say, a father figure or even as a husband. He will always seem like a young man or a kid until he actually reaches grandpa age. People just don't think of him as a middle-aged adult despite the fact that he is 41. However, he is a good actor and, sooner-or-later, he should win an Oscar simply for the daring and interesting roles that he takes on and does well in.

It's sort of like the same reason Tom Cruise hasn't won an Oscar and he is great actor, better than Leonardo DiCaprio.

Most Helpful Girl

• The Academy Awards have always been a popularity contest and pandered to The Academy's tastes.

The King's Speech won an Oscar and was one of the most boring movies I have seen so far (and I usually like biographical movies).

The very first Oscar was supposed to go to Rin Tin Tin, as he received more Best Actor votes than Emil Jannings, but do you know how quickly the Academy would have been shut down if they gave the very first Best Actor award to a *dog*?

I'm not saying Leo is a dog (though his dating habits may lead people to believe otherwise), but he's probably getting snubbed for the shits and giggles at this point.

What Guys Said 40

• He's white and still can't win an Oscar. That is just an insult lol

• Leo has excruciatingly painful piles around the rim of his bung hole, and he's not able to walk far enough to accept the award! Serves him right for making that Titanic drivel!

• i have no idea, i usually tend my mind to other more important matters in my life. GaG not included lol.

• Only a part of the Oscars is the quality of the movie or the performance, the rest is politics. There's stories that the voters don't even watch some of the movies like in the animation category because they're too lazy so they just vote for the biggest one. I think he should have have definitely won a Oskar by now.

• This has actually been extensively written about. The short version is that Leo plays more challenging characters that don't show you exactly what's on their minds and don't emote as explicitly as, say, Tom Hanks. Read the full story here:

www.vanityfair.com/.../leonardo-dicaprio-oscar

• So hollywood and voters don't like to think complex thoughts so that's why more upfront [dumbed down characters] win?

Lawl

• I'm not. I'm just making sure other people read it as how I read it

• @LilWeezey The Oscars are like any other political contest. Nobody ever picks the most qualified. It is always the most popular. Every election is for homecoming queen.

• because he's pretty overrated. he should have maybe 2 or 3 oscars tops, but most of his "great" performances weren't as great as other nominees. i don't have a list of who beat him out, though.

• I agree with you. everyone says he is a good actor but I can only see him as jack from titanic and thats all i see him through out the movie he plays.. he gives off the same vibe

• @xxibgd not even titanic. the aviator was the only 1 that i could've seen him winning. i haven't seen the departed so i hold judgement. the idea of inception was better than his performance to me and catch me if you can is great, but pretty generic to me.

• yeah, he carries on the same vibe and persona,

• Because Leo is better than Oscars ;)

• I think it's because those who make those kind of decisions haven't seen this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe0QbINFcQk

• They even made a game about it 😃

http://redcarpetrampage.com

• because Oscars is a joke. Even Kubrick didn't even get an award despite being one of the best directors

• Because he has no acting ability, can't even hide the gay vibes when he is an a heavy kissing scene.

• It's because of everything else to do with films and the film industry, the whole industry is done by opinions. That's why awards shouldn't be as in the limelight as they are, because who wins is down to the majority opinion of a minority group. Not everyone will agree with a decision, because not everyone had an input. You can't say someone's the best actor, or a films the best film as it is all opinions. And for the award to be most accurate you would need every person to vote and not just a minority group.
    And he hasn't won one due to the fact more people had the opinion someone else's performance, in the group who decide. Hence why awards shouldn't be seen as such a big thing, as it's just an opinion of some people that one person was a better actor that year.

• Because he is trying too hard

• Leonardo Di Caprio is a real actor who still lives. I have watched all movies of him and I think oscar isn't a real criteria to decide who acts best!

If The Great Gatsby, Inception or Titanic don't deserve Oscar, I don't believe any movie deserves it...

• I think he'll get one at least even if it's a lifetime achievement award when he's 90 years old.

I wonder what his junk looks like...

• I got bigger things to worry about than whether a famous celebrity millionaire who parties with supermodels on a yacht bigger than my house is being deprived of a gold statue.

• He will get one this Feb 28

• It's cos he's black isn't it?

• He should be happy anyways. He was the star of Inception. He's officially in a classic.

• How funny would it be if Stallone won the Oscar?

• hahahahaha If he got one and same with arnold I would laugh

• I don't know.

• Because Oscar is a male and as far i know Dicaprio is straight

• I don't know lol

• because he isn't good

• Because he's under 40 and the Oscars don't like that with men

• because he doesn´t need an oscar xD he plays above that league.

• Because he never deserved it, in order to so you have to be better than all the other nominees, he hasn't done that yet.

• I began to think that he can win one when I watched gangs of New York, great performance but when I watched the departed his performance Convinced me even more to think he can be a award winning actor

• He'll get it someday. he's been nom. too many times not too. but its just an award he's been involved with billion dollar movies and is a millionaire, so i won't cry for him lol

• He'll get one in 8 days.

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 18

• Because they want him to keep acting phenomenally and put his soul into it lol

http://i64.tinypic.com/24o15bs.jpg

• If that's tom cruise on the top right, I'm going to puke.

The only person there who deserves an oscar is JD.

• He's a terrible actor. He over acts and doesn't have any range.

• He pissed some people off in the Academy early in his career. They won't give him an Oscar because of it.

• Hmm, what did he do/say?

• @itsallover somebody won in a lifetime achievement kind of way in a category he was nominated in and he had a hissy fit. Can't remember what movie it was - one of his early films.

• because jury is stupid..

• Gorgeous talented man. I can't get it :(

• Because he wants a lot you know. Murphy rules :D LOL

• Cuz... he made that really cheesy scene in the Titanic. When there arms were wide stretched and ya know where I'm getting at!

• Whatever. he's overrated.

• Because he can actually act?
    So sad that bunch of old dudes' decision of what's best or not is very affective on cinema.

• the man has everything. let it elude him still. it'll give him something to breathe for.

• His time will come. It's more about who the competition are that particular year and what the hot subjects are than about the person himself / herself.

• Because all these awards is stupid game, and completely bias. Leo is way better than an Oscar.

• Lol this is so wrong.

• The oscars don't know better

• He's already badass.

• Because dying in a movie and doing remakes does not mean he deserves an oscar, any actor can do that

• I love Leo, and honestly I don't think he needs this award to have his talent recognized. He's had the luxury of playing great characters and has done it so good. Only a good actor can build a whole different character out of nowhere or from studying who and what they'll portray. That includes the voice and the expressions, Leo has been able to change in every character and that I appreciate in a good actor.

• It depends on who's voting. This year looks like his year, though. The Revenant was just ok, in my opinion.