Should I go to prom?

Hi guys! I'm an exchange student from Turkey. I'm a junior so I can go to prom. But I kinda don't want to because I need a dress which won't be worn ever again (even I won't be able to take it home) And 35$ admission and hair, make-up and stuff. But I don't think I'll ever see an American Prom!! It would be good experience for me (maybe it's gonna be boring, i have no idea)

Most Helpful Guy

• its a fun experience. i had a good time, even though prom was different, as in DJ, not a band, every was dry humping, no slow songs, and electing king and queen was a fucking joke, but still had a good time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Borrow a dress from your host family/sister and get a date to pay for you lol

But $35 isn't really that expensive. My prom tickets were $80 a piece.

• oh waow 80 bucks!! and yeah i'm about to borrow a dress from my friends. does your date pay for you? Dang! That's awesome 😂

• Lol I paid for him to come to my prom. And he paid for me to go to his.

What Guys Said 1

• Well there won't be dancing, just kinda swaying in place... It's a place to socialize, if there is a guy you like, go with him, if there isn't don't go.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't see why you couldn't take it home? But I think you should go if Turkey doesn't have any, it could be a lot of fun x

• we have kind of different prom. i hope it will be fun. thank youuu ;)