Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls will be set?

So where do you think TES VI will be set? The poll wouldn't let me include Orsinium, Cyrodiil or Morrowind so comment if you think it's them.

• Skyrim
  • High Rock
  • Hammerfell
  • Summerset Isle
  • Valenwood
  • Elsweyr
  • Black Marsh

Most Helpful Guy

• I hope it's set in the Summerset Isle. It would make a great continuation of the whole Aldmeri Dominion conflict.

• Yeah that plot line was seriously underdeveloped and underused in Skyrim, it kind of let me down.

• It depends on how you play. If you're doing it for roleplay, it could have a big impact.

• It's just a pity that the emperor getting killed wouldn't have consequences like if your with the empire they could find out and try to kill you. Then you join the Stormcloaks and get revenge. A Fallout New Vegas style faction system would have been perfect for Skyrim and added loads of replay value. Fallout 4 would've benefitted greatly as well from such a system.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 11

• I think I heard something about Black marsh? If it's not that, I'd like to see the Summerset Isle, for the same reasons as everyone else.

• Well, they've already done Morrowind, Cyrodiil (Oblivion), Skyrim, and High Rock and Hammerfell (both in Daggerfall), so it would be nice to see them set a game in the Bosmer/Aldmeri, Khajiit, or Argonian homelands.

• Interestingly, Morrowind was 0.01% of the size of Daggerfall, which had 15,000 towns, dungeons, and other places to explore. The games have gotten smaller but more detailed over the years.

• Yeah Daggerfall was meant to be insane in size with towns being hours apart and such.

• Probably Tamriel.

• Summerset Isle, maybe Elsweyr. Honestly, it's a bit of a gamble setting a game in a world where the majority of NPCs are not going to be human (or at least elves). There's only so much 'Khajit has wares for sale' and 'This one believes you are trying to swindle them' you can take.

These games cost so much money to make now that they can't afford the setting putting people off. Skyrim was a very safe bet. A desert or weird swamp? Not so much.

• I heard rumors they put a patent on black marsh

• It has already been announced. I couldn't care less as long as I can shoot lightning, swing my sword, and drool at the next gen scenery. Same reason I play Zelda.

• If rumors are to be believed it should take place in Summerset Isle. However, in my opinion, it is too early to talk about next TES game. Patience is the key.

• Are they actively working on a new one yet?

• I keep hearing "Argonia."

• Miami

• Where is the option for Tamriel; They did that with The Elder Scrolls: Online, didn't they they?

• The first game, Arena, is the only game to have all of Tamriel, though ESO is getting bigger with expansions.

Daggerfall's map was about 62,000 square miles, compared to the following games with 24 to 60 square kilometers each.

• That would definitely be awesome, but it would be very hard to pull off in a first/third person 3D world. It's why the newer games are so much smaller, but more detailed.

• @Anno_Domini
      Maybe it could be pulled off if there was only designated provinces/cities/zones which held multiplayer servers. Leaving the rest of Tamriel as single player. It would still be quite hard to pull off; Arena only got away with it because the details were simple, relative to today's content.

Perhaps Bethesda should work on it in the background, as a sort of side project. Maybe they're doing that already