What are the easiest ways to learn to play guitar?

Websites, books, or even your own advice. I bought a new guitar (a classic) and I really want to know how to play. It's really hard for me to coordinate both my hands and quickly change notes... was it the same for you at first? Thanks!

What Guys Said 2

• It will take time to get your hands coordinated and used to making the chord shapes, being able to stretch your fingers, etc. but the more frequently you practice, the sooner it will get easier.

There's a book I highly recommend called Fretboard Logic, it's well worth the small investment. It teaches the C-A-G-E-D system for understanding the fretboard and is basic enough for a beginner.

Also, don't worry so much about learning to read music (unless you need to for something), learn the basic chord shapes and scales (as taught in Fretboard Logic) and learn to read tablature and you will be fine. Most great guitarists are self taught and don't read sheet music, so don't feel obligated to do so.

Have fun!

• Thank you , I'll definitely check it out :)

• Learning guitar is easy.. There are only few things that you'll take time to learn.. Don't worry and don't give up. Every guitarist went through them,

1. Left right hand coordination
    2. producing a pure sound without muting strings (esp chords)
    3. Chord transitions
    4. hand voice coordination
    These will only cone with practise practise practise.

What Girls Said 0