How to make good music?

Im a young artist, looking for some good ideas.

Here is my soundcloudhttps://m. soundcloud. com/synthetic_genisis

Most Helpful Girl

• Advertise yourself to get a fan base. Do free shows, upload music, make youtube videos, etc.

To make good music, take a class if you can. Watch tutorials. Read books. Practice. Practice. Practice. And look into an instrument, it will help make music for your songs and inspire you.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm listening to your stuff and followed you. I think you've got some talent for it but it needs more depth and variety. Instrumental stuff, at least some of it, should get people moving or take them on some kind of mental journey. Which one of your songs I noticed I was actually kind of dancing to. But yeah work on depth, if that makes any sense.

I agree with what @vishna said. Practice practice practice + everything else. I think just don't stop. Keep pushing yourself to learn, experience, practice, and put out music. If you want it, don't stop.

• I agree, i need some new stuff, i just haven got the stuff to record it. I want to pick up my dad's guitar and plays some

• make what your fans want to hear. take a phrase or down thing you can't get out of your head and turn it into something more that people will enjoy.

• You are referring to hook right?

• But yeah listen to what I said work on arranging your songs and try to come up with a catchy melody to solidify it.

• @Jon_Gre_g okay thanks.

What Guys Said 6

• Depends.

My old roommate and I wrote a few songs. They turned out decent. But our influences were different. He was synth pop/pop in general. I was metal/rock. He plays bass, I play guitar

We wrote blues songs lol.

Look at what makes you want to write music to begin with, i. e. look at your inspirations, and then look further, discover new music and genres (to you of course lol). Your influences will guide you on how you want your music to sound, be structured etc.

From there, figure what you want to write about, and how that topic makes you feel. Music is about emotions, some songs are happy, some are not.

Good music ultimately comes "originality" so to speak. Don't write a song about love for the sake of writing one, write one because it's your coping mechanism, be it you're using it to express love for someone, or using it to get over a heartbreak.

Music is ultimately your expression of your personality. The moment you let anyone interfere witb it, it won't be good.

• Step 1: Come up with your own ideas.

• To make good music you gotta listen to music first, take ideas you like from that music and repackage it. It's really all there is to it cuz "there is nothing new under the sun" as one of my teachers always says XD

• 1- killer melody
    2- i personally like a good bass (get dat 808)
    3- dope hook
    4- substance

• Slap some titties around for sound effects then play a bunch of instruments at the same time.

• Depends on wot kind of music ya like... if yer into 80s new wave I can help...