What is your honest opinion about actual Clowns?

I've met people who are scared of clowns, people who love clowns, and people who don't have any feelings one way or the other.

Most of the scared ones cite John Wayne Gacy or Stephen King's IT as the sole reason for their irrational fear. If that's you're only reason, or you just want to post a scary monster picture or quote because you think that's funny, please don't bother posting.

If you have any specific feelings about clowns and can explain Why you feel this way, please do.
(Again, these are actual clowns [birthday parties, circuses, and stage production comedy and talent based clowns], not fictional movie monsters.)

Most Helpful Girl

• I have absolutely no idea why I'm scared of clowns. I haven't seen or read Stephen King's IT because I know it'll scare me. Jon Wayne Gacy is pretty fucked up but I guess if I was scared of clowns because a serial killer was one, I'd need to be scared of pretty much everything, wouldn't I? I dunno, I think it's probably to do with not being able to see their faces clearly? I'm pretty uncomfortable around anything with face paint on and I hate things wearing masks. So it's probably to do with how you an't really see their facial expressions properly.

• I can understand that. What about clowns with less heavy makeup? That seems to be a growing trend. If they still had the red nose, but their smile wasn't exaggerated, do you think you'd still be afraid?

• I think I'd maybe still be a little creeped out but it certainly wouldn't be as bad.

What Girls Said 3

• I think they're kewl.

• I'm indifferent. I don't have a clown phobia, but they aren't my favorite in the world either. When I was a baby, my parent's got me this musical clown doll, it is pretty cute.

• They don't scare me. It's sad they were meant for entertainment but now people have an irrational fear of them based off movies.

What Guys Said 1

• Creepy fuckers. I've never liked them. Even as a child.

• What is it about clowns that creeps you out?

• So a clown that seemed more genuine (yet not a murderous, soul stealing entity) might be acceptable, even with the full clown look?

• No. Part of the etc. and persona in my opinion I stated is the get up. I find it creepy that a grow man must hide behind so many things. A naturally funny person needs no fake gimmicks to make a person laugh or smile. To me they are nothing more than an insecure person hiding behind a literal mask.