Anyone else think that some Pokemon pre-evolutions are useless?

Anyone else think that pre-evolutions like Pichu, Cleffa, and Igglybuff are useless? Like, it's not like Pikachu, Clefairy, or Jigglypuff were these huge Pokemon hatching out of small eggs (ex: Lapras, Tauros, Milktank, Onix, etc), they were already pretty small Pokemon, some of the smallest in the Pokedex in fact. And they were already cute enough. Did you have to make them smaller? I think that instead of a Pikachu, Clefairy, and Jigglypuff pre-evo we should've gotten a Raichu, Clefable, and Wigglytuff evos. They are weak and small for fully evolved Pokemon, so why not evolve them? Missed opportunities right there...

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Girl

• I kind of agree. They're darn cute though.

• They are. But are they necessary? No. A Raichu evolution instead of Pikachu pre-evolution would've helped Raichu catch up to the other stronger Electric Types. They could've made an evolution of Raichu with a stats total of about 540, like Electivire but who concentrates more on speed. As for the cuteness, Pikachu was already cute enough. And he's smaller than Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle already without Pichu.

Most Helpful Guy

• can't say i have ever really thought that hard about it before

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I always dreamt my starting pokemon to be pichu so.. I can't complain

• I like Pichu. The others suck sure.

• I like Pichu. How could you not like that cute little guy? But was he necessary? No. Pikachu was already one of the smallest Pokemon in the Pokedex, he wasn't like a huge Chansey or Onix hatching out of a tiny egg and entering a Tiny Cup tournament. And Raichu was already small/weak for a fully evolved Pokemon. Compare him to Luxray, Magneton, Jolteon, or Electivire, all who are much stronger/bigger than Raichu. He really needs an evolution to be on par with them. I'd prefer a Raichu evolution than Pikachu pre-evolution.