Whose portrayal of Sherlock Holmes do you like more?

Robert Downey Jr.
Benedict Cumberbatch.

• Robert Downey Jr.
  • Benedict Cumberbatch.
I like them both but I'm a Downey fan.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• B.

But the Downey/Law/Richie movies are a lot of fun.

They really tackle different angles, downey handles holmes being a little more james bond (as he should be) then some portrayals, and the BBC version does a great job modernizing it and showing holmes mental approach.

And both Mycrofts are fantastic in different ways. Fat Mycroft in the BBC special was amazing.

What Girls Said 7

• "A" for Alas, @Chief16 and Only Know of JR here, dear.
    However, I will Take your Wise word for it with Both Boys.

• As someone who was really into the original books and old movies (no, I'm not a hipster haha and yes I was a fan years before the RDJ movies came out) - Benedict Cumberbatch does a significantly better job. I don't even recognize Holmes and co. in the RDJ movies.

• Honestly I'm pretty impressed with how close Cumberbatch gets to the character as shown in the books. That said, the 1930s actor Basil Rathbone is closest to how I imagine Holmes to look.

• I've only seen cumberbatch, and while I like his acting and portrayal, the show tends to be quite boring.

• RDJ is a joke. Benedict Cumberbatch plays the role with such tenacity.

• I still don't get how did they select Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock.

• RDJ's was closer to the books, but I like Cumberbatch's performance more.

• Robert downey Jr hands down.

What Guys Said 12

• i like both but i definitely like Cumberbatch's performance more than RDJ. also from a purely physical aspect he certainly resemble's the character as described by Doyle. I prefer Cumberbatch's portrayal and also appreciate the modern spin on the old stories.

• I enjoyed RDJ version but honestly it's an modernized American version of Holmes... so take it for what it's worth.
    Cumberbatch is an amazing actor who I actually think is misused in the show as it is a bit boring and doesn't showcase his talents enough.
    And you failed to mention "Elementary" on CBS - although I can understand why as that show should never have made it to air LOL

• I like the Sherlock series on BBC so I pick Benedict Cumberbatch.

• I prefer Cumberbatch's performance over RDJ's, though I enjoyed them both. I'd say Cumberbatch's performance is more true to the original character, while Downey Jr's is more an exaggeration of Holmes's more notable, and bombastic traits.

• Downey Jr. Cumberbatch creeps me out no matter what he does. It's his face.

• Cumberbatch. I don't usually jump on the bandwagon but guys, cmon. Tony Stark is out of his league here

• The one by Jonny Lee Miller in Elementary

• Wow. Forgot to include him.

• i like the actor. i find the show to be kind of dull. i would love to see him in a different production of the sherlock character

• I've only seen Downey :)

• Downey but the show is better than the movies.

• Cumberbatch is a god among men.

• Jeremy Brett

• you can't be serious... definitely Benedict is the best