Do ALL black guys only like rap music?

I don't know, it just seems all black guys only like rap music. What kind of music do you like?

Most Helpful Guy

• yes we only like rap music. only eat fried chicken and watermelon. only drink kool-aid and purple drink. we all drive old caddy's and lincolns with rims on them.

come on... i know your 15 but you can't possibly believe this to be true? you could argue that black people contributed more to music in the 20th century than any single race. they essentially created gospel and the blues/jazz which led to r&b which led to rock and roll, punk, metal, on and on laying the foundation for music as it is today.

in short no black guys don't only listen to rap music... said the black guy who doesn't have a rap preset station in his car.

• Uhm okay, first of all, I never said that all black guys eat fried chicken and watermelon, drink Kool-Aid, etc. Also, I NEVER SAID all black guys listen to only rap music. I ASKED. Therefore, I can't "possibly believe this to be true" because it wasn't A STATEMENT, it was a QUESTION. God. Sensitive stranger.

• @LateNightss institutinalized racism is the biggest issue in our "post racial" society

• ... biggest race issue

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 22

• i really hope thats like the only dumb question you have in life, no offense lol.

• I'm a black guy, and I also like trance /EDM as well as some jazz (classic jazz and modern smooth jazz).

• Yeah. They all drive donked out Camaros, sell crack and drink grape soda too.

Fuck outta here with that shit. There's a black guy on my course who shows up every day blasting Metallica from his car. People aren't the same because their skin is a certain colour.

• No, the black guys I know listen to other stuff

• gag might officially have the dumbest people on the internet...

• I like all kinds of music. What race am I?

• Except heavy metal, death metal, and country.

• Well that's what ignorance means, sweetie. Unaware. It doesn't mean you're a bad person necessarily.

I'll have to check them out :).

• I saw a black guy wearing a Metallica shirt once, so apparently not.

• oh yeah and they love water melon and fried chcken with the company of twerking but they connot love anythign else :P

• Who gives a f*ck is the better question :|

• Yup... Every single one in this planet

• You probably haven't lived long enough to really know

• Uhm, why do u think I'm asking lol

• lol sure

They obviously don't all listen to rap music. Do you think Philip from Fresh prince of bel air would listen to rap music?

• Watched 5 minutes of that show and I couldn't take it anymore, too painful. It's so annoying. sorry.

• Avoiding generalizations 101: If you use the word "all" you're probably generalizing

• I'm white and I only listen to BLACK metal.

• I love all kinds of music im a producer though so i can't only like rap

• you cannot just say all, everyone is has diffurent tastes

• It was just a question!! Geez.
      by the way, do u ever check ur spelling?

• I like pop and rap. I am not black tho

• I'm black and I hate it. It must be obious because if I ask someone what they are listening to they're like "Well, I don't know if you like rap, but..." seems like they can tell just by looking at me that I hate that shit.

• Yes, that's why Soul and R&B music don't really exist. It's all in your head. Kinda like Hiedi Klum's ex hubby Seal who's a wanna be rapper! lol

• No way... but truth's MOST black guys like rap indeed but not all...

• I'm Jamaican American and I personally don't like Rap and R&B music at all. Maybe old school like 80's and 90's but not today's music. I pretty much listen Trance, Rock , Metal, 80s Freestyle, J pop and rock, Euro-dance, House and Techno music. I also dislike trap music and blues. I wish I can visit EDM club :(.

• No, I don't think so, some of them like jazz, soul, r'n'b, blues, or even techno music.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• I have a couple of black friends who listen to Jpop and Kpop like me so do they all? No. I hang around enough black to know not all of them are only into rap music.

I like kpop, trap, dupstep, electronic, and RnB music.

• you mean crap music not rap music i mainly like Queen but i also like led zepplin, moodyblues, zztop, alice cooper, and 60's music as well as glam rock from the 70's

• 60s music is probably shitty for the most part.

• @Joc4Position it was the begining of a rock period here in the uk and sorry i disagree with you on the 60's era of music (sorry) but it beat rap crap any day of the week

• Then we will never agree on music so long you think that way lol. I love rock and rap, but 60s era stuff ehhh.

• Lol no I actually have a friend who prefers techno but I understand why you ask that. the majority of the black males in my life only really like rap

• My last boyfriend was black and he hated it. Much preferred classical.

• no surprise you're 15, but of course not all 😑

• Not everyone is the same.

• Wow what a dumb generalization

• No, I have a friend who we like to call Giant and Giant likes songs by Lady Gaga and BeyoncĆ©.

• Do you always go along with stereotypes?