Music poll: 90s music vs 2000s music?

I grew up in the 2000s, and even back then, people were calling it the worst musical decade of all time. On the other hand, the 90s are consistently hailed as one of the greatest. I don't agree with either statement personally, and I don't it's as simple as saying "the 90s ruled, the 2000s sucked", because both had their good moments and their terrible moments. But what do you guys think? 90s or 2000s?

• 90s
  • 2000s

Most Helpful Guy

• 90s of course among those...

But 80s were ma favorite decade... I noticed in another comment ya made ya like AOR/Melodic Rock... it's pretty rare to see someone likin' those genres in our days... do ya listen to stuff like Mr. Mister, Asia or Toto?

• Dude, AOR is the GREATEST genre ever!
      Most people only know about the big ones like Journey, and yeah, I love a lot of their songs, but I also love the underrated stuff too. I do like songs from Toto and Asia, along with others like 80s REO Speedwagon, 80s Chicago, Survivor, Le Roux etc. A perfect example of a great melodic rock song no one's heard of is Heat of the Night by Worrall. How wasn't that huge back then? Honestly, I think my generation just don't know what they're missing out on.

• No problem...

• Thanks...

What Girls Said 2

• The 90's of course. But the early 00's weren't bad either. The decline started probably around 2005. After I graduated high school. It's definitely taken a nosedive tho.

• If by '00 you think of even 2008-2009, yeah, '00 over '90s, but otherwise, kinda the same. :-?

• Oh yeah, the later half of the 2000s was definitely the better in my opinion. 2006-2008 are my favorite years of the decade. Other than that, they do kinda sound the same. Especially the early 2000s.

• 100% agreed. 🙏

What Guys Said 4

• 90s music had better things in mainstream, but I've heard some of the best chiptune in 2015 and 2016.

So I guess it depends on genre. The mainstream is total shit, though.

• 90's and 80's music was the best, especially when it comes to electronic music.

• Of those options, 90s for sure. The grunge scene had some great music. But best period for music was late 60s and early 70s. So many iconic bands and incredibly talented musicians.

• Hmm. Can't say that I like grunge, but that's probably because I love 80s music. Especially AOR west coast / melodic rock. Thanks for stopping by!

• I hate music in 00s even 90s where all music have the same beat is better. but the 2013-... just gold. I mean real artist not Kardashian, Kayne or other bullshit.

• That's too bad. I'm not a huge fan of either to be honest, though I do like some songs from both. I love 80s music the best. What 2013-... artists do you love?

• in that case, my, I like even older music. like Fran Sinatra, Ray Charles. and popular music 2013-. I think Lana Del Rey have a rally good stuff. then Calvin harris, Elle Goulding. even Gomez show something. not all of them write by themselves but it's ok elvis presley don't write all singles too. of course we have trash to like Miley Cyrus, kardasian, etc.

• Yeah, a lot of the bad stuff goes mainstream these days. It's great that you were able to find modern music that you love. I've never met someone who liked both Frank Sinatra and Lana Del Rey! Stay groovy, man.