What were some of your favorite cartoons growing up... or now :p?

I'm a 90's kid, and while growing up there were so many cartoons I loved watching. I miss watching them to be honest lol. Some of my favorites included: The Angry Beavers, The Wild Thornberrys, Catdog, Rocko's Modern Life, The Rugrats, Hey Arnold... and I'm sure several others I've left off the list. What were some of your favorites?

0|1
10|24

Most Helpful Guy

• Dragon Ball Z is the God of 90% of 90s boys.

Yu Yu Hakusho

Inuyasha

Naruto

As for American stuff.

Courage The Cowardly Dog
    Dexter's Lab
    Catdog too. Rugrats when I was younger.
    The Simpsons
    Family Guy 13-15 years old.
    South Park 16-20 (I count 20 year old me as a kid)
    Darkwing Duck
    I adored Pinky and The Brain.
    Duck Tales
    Tiny Toons
    Futurama
    Animaniacs
    Daria, somewhat

My favorite cartoons now are various anime's, usually very gory or erotic or heavily philosophical. Or all three. Like Mnemosyne, Code Geass, Death Note, Naruto Shippuden (which actually got surprisingly philosophical, and it was awesome how the series matured with me. kid, teen, young adult, adult.), Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri; Attack on Titan, Future Diary.

1|4
    0|0
    • I really like a lot of the shows on your American list :D

• :) You should try out some anime. There's all kinds. Though, I guess you're seeking more nostalgia than a good show. Oh, I just remembered another one. Oh, Chip n' Dale. That was one of my favorites when I was a kid; I loved those chipmunks. And all the other classics like Smurfs and Loony Toons. Remember when life was so simple that all you had to know was that you loved chipmunks? *sigh*

• I know, the good ol days :D miss them lol

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 23

• pretty much everything on cartoon network in the 90s and early 2000s... so 90's kid #3893274.

also:
    recess
    catdog
    teachers pet
    the weekenders
    kim possible
    lloyd in space
    darkwing duck
    the tick
    filmore
    doug
    goof troop
    chip n dale rescue rangers
    hey arnold
    rugrats
    rock's modern life
    angry beavers
    wild thornberrys
    animanics (all time favorite)
    freakazoid (2nd all time favorite)
    futurama
    south park for a while
    drawn together (very underrated)

1|0
    0|0
    • You've got some shows listed that I watched and completely forgot about. Nice list :)

• Show All
    • eh, if you say so... and wikipedia is a powerful tool

• True, true :)

• Spongebob pretty much defined me. Such a fantastic show, especially in the earlier seasons, and the first movie.

1|0
    0|0
    • Spongebob was awesome, I watched it on a regular basis til I was like 20 and even now I turn it there occasionally :p

• I never happen to watch it anymore since my sister is usually the one watching TV and for some reason she doesn't watch it anymore.

• Yea lol I would still watch it but I've really gotten hooked on some other shows lately

• Growing up: Pokemon, Dragon Tales, Looney Tunes, Scooby Doo, Flinstones, Thomas the tank engine, Teen Titans, probably more...

Now: Teen Titans still, scooby doo, and some others

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh yea, I was onto Scooby Doo and Flintstones too

• Show All
    • Yeah they were awesome! I cannot watch some of the newer Scooby Doo episodes though :p they are trying to add unnecessary stuff like adding romantic tension between Fred and Daphne (which we all kinda knew anyway)

• Yea I've seen just a little bit of the newer Scooby doo episodes, I agree the older ones are much better

• I loved Danny Phantom! A super hero with ghost powers! I don't think anyone is like that it was so cool!

1|0
    0|0
  • 1|1
    0|0
  • It's a Russian cartoon called "Nu Pogodi" if written in English letters.

1|0
    0|0
  • Here's a few of the better ones I guess...

Looney Tunes
    Popeye the Sailor
    Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
    tom and Jerry
    Wacky Races
    DuckTales
    TaleSpin
    Inspector Gadget
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    The Transformers
    Thundercats
    Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers
    Animaniacs
    Dexter's Laboratory
    Ed, Edd, 'n' Eddy
    Futurama

1|0
    0|0
    • I like a lot of the cartoons on your list but I haven't seen a lot of them.

• I loved Tom & Jerry, He Man, GI Joe, TMNT, Care Bears, Bugs Bunny.

Now, my favorite cartoon is probably Spongebob! Yeah!

1|0
    0|0
  • 1|0
    0|0
  • "Mysterious Cities of Gold," "Robotech," "the Gummie Bears," "Inspector Gadget," and "Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea."

1|0
    0|0
  • Pokémon and Cardcaptors were the main two. I even had a crush on the main girls. lol (I don't call anime cartoons, but some do and those two show where both very important to me)

1|0
    0|0
    • I've actually never watched either show but I used to have a small collection of Pokemon cards lol just liked the way they looked

• 1|0
    0|0
  • AI RABU ZA ANIME DESU (^・ω・^ )

Apart from that, many of the 90s cartoons people have already listed. Good stuff.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ducktails, Tailspin, Captain Planet, Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ed edd n eddy
    Danny phantom
    Jimmy neutron
    Fairly odd parents
    Spongebob

Those were all great

1|0
    0|0
  • Ren & Stimpy, Beavis and Butthead, South Park.

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh yea... Ren & Stimpy was one of mine as well :p

• Show All
    • THE TICK, oh baby here it comes, yeah just like that, I'm almost there, get your face and neck ready I'm going to cum all over baby, here it is:
      GGGGGAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGOOOOYYLLEESSSSSS
      uhhhhh I need a cigarette. Go clean yourself up, you're a mess.

• The fairly odd parents and Jimmy Neutron were good too.

• im a 90's kid too, mine was samurai jack, looney tunes, swat cats, thunder cats and wacky racers :D

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh yea Looney Tunes was great :) and yea 90s kids are awesome :D

• Show All
    • yeah exactly i feel sorry for those kids too. man we were soo lucky back then :)

• Yeah we were, totally agree!

• My favorite was probably Looney Tunes (:

1|0
    0|0
  • Scooby-Doo! , Pokémon , Tom and Jerry <3

1|0
    0|0
  • Heath Clift, batman, Garfield and friends, rugrats, looney toons, Daffy Duck, rescue Rangers

1|0
    0|0
  • then Tom n jerry 😏
    now tom n jerry 😏

1|0
    0|0
  • What's with Andy, Shin Chan (i know thats anime but whatevah xD) and basically every cartoon you mentioned :3 and i liked to watch totally spies too XD

0|0
    0|0
  • I absolutely ADORED this show - when I couldn't yet walk I used to push myself to where the tv was as fast as I possibly could whenever I heard the theme tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VayfcX2fBUk

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9