11|11

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I bought audible!

1|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • neat how much and how's the selection

• lol You can get anything. I just bought a self help book because well I am lazy to read sometimes. They give you a free trial but you can cancel anytime. It depends on the book!

What Guys Said 10

• I would like to get the children's book "Go the Fuck to sleep" read by Samuel L Jackson.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QLPyuFVKGak

3|0
    0|0
  • I prefer to read the book... but I'm not against the idea either.
    Interesting to learn your experiences later Coco :D

1|0
    0|0
  • My work requires lots of walking to various work stations. I listen to e-books and downloaded radio talk shows. They are useful and stimulating in a time that might otherwise be wasted.

1|0
    0|0
  • Skip the tape... Listen to stories for free https://librivox.org/

1|0
    0|0
  • I've done it before. They are okay. For some reason though they make me want to fall asleep.

1|0
    0|0
  • I actually quite enjoy it, just don't listen to them when you're laying down

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't stand it. I'm a very visual person.

1|0
    0|0
  • They work.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like them, but the ones I listen to aren't for relaxation. Give it a shoot.

1|0
    0|0
  • Grover's Bad Awful Day was what I listened to on tape.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• I listen to a lot of podcasts, I like listening to voices to send me to sleep (also to block out the boyfriend's fucking awful snoring :P ) If you wanna try something that isn't an audiobook, I recommend the Welcome To Night Vale podcast or the Chilling Tales podcast, they're both pretty good. But just in general, I enjoy listening to books, it's calming :)

1|0
    0|0
    • are those scary?

• The Night Vale podcast is supposed to be creepy at times but I don't think it's ever been intentionally frightening. The Chilling Tales podcast is horror stories and might not be great if you're trying to drift off and relax :P

• It's something I find interesting because I cannot imagine myself having someone (CD) read a whole book to me. I would probably have to concentrate in order to follow the story or would just realize midway through I was lost in my own thoughts and didn't hear a thing.
    Personally, I would also rather read it myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love it! I listen to them when I have difficulty falling asleep at night. I find it very relaxing. Also when I work on tasks that don't require a lot of thinking... cleaning... ironing... that type of thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • I listen to some when I'm going somewhere by bus or on foot...
    I like them. Depends on the book whether it's going to be relaxing or really stimulating.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love books on tape. So convienent. You don't need to buy a book but can listen to it on a plane ride or something I don't know.
    But I'm also not a visual person at all! I always hated reading lol (still kind of do)

1|0
    0|0
  • I've tried to listen to audio books before, but I can never focus on them and end up lost. Reading from a physical copy is the only way I can concentrate

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally I would rather read the book.

1|1
    0|0
  • I used to listen to them in kindergarten

1|0
    0|0
  • meh never tried it since I like to read but you should try painting

1|0
    0|0
  • Great way to pass time and read a good book when you dont have the time to actually "read" it...

1|0
    0|0