Have you read any of Tolkien's works?

Just a random question probing GAG again :)

I'm talking about the "main" ones here, i. e. Middle Earth / Ea.
~ The Lord of the Rings
~ The Hobbit
~ The Silmarillion
~ Unfinished Tales

If you've read any of the others feel free to share your experience!

Thanks :)

Have you read any of Tolkien's works?

• Never read any D:
  • Started, but never finished :(
  • 1/4
  • 2/4
  • 3/4
  • 4/4

Most Helpful Girl

• I've read a lot of his work. I've read The Fellowship and Two Towers twice, The Hobbit 4 times, and the Return of the King and Silmarillion once.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have read 'The Hobbit' and 'The Lord of the Rings'. They're among my favourite books! Tolkien's imagination was stupendous!

What Girls Said 7

• Oh my gosh, when I was in the third grade, I was an advanced reader. So my teacher let me pick a book from the high school section, since I had already read most of our elementary ones. I picked the hobbit, because my family always watched lord of the rings. I remember really liking it for the first half, but then I lost my book mark and just picked up somewhere towards the end, with the Dragon XD I failed the quiz I had to take on it and they didn't let me take high school books for the rest of the year...

• Yes! LOTR is one of my favorite series

• I recently found my old box set of the Lord of the Rings books and I'm currently reading the Hobbit.

• I tried. I couldn't finish any of them.

I swear, it's like that man swallowed a dictionary and had to vomit the words out all at once.

• I've read the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings is on my reading list (which has like 50 other books on it so I might not get to it until a while). I've never heard of the other books

• The Silmarillion deals with the events of the creation of the world and the First and Second Ages. Unfinished Tales is sort of ties up loose ends, as the title explains :P

• Ok that's super helpful! Thanks :)

• Ah, Tolkien. He was my hero back when I was 12. :D Good memories.

• I read the Lord of the Rings Trilogy

What Guys Said 3