Would you suggest me a book?

i read philosophy, mythology and literature

...

Most Helpful Guy

• Slavoj Zizek for modern philosophy. Any book.

For literature, anything Oscar Wilde. The Picture of Dorian Gray is one of my favorites. Great book. I love Oscar Wilde. He had such unique thoughts.

As for mythology, the Iliad--which I guess everyone has read--or the Oedipus plays. Sophocles's three Theban plays.

• i ve read Oscar Wilde and that book was great! well, i haven't read the one you suggest about myth but ill definitely read it and about philosopy, um would you suggest me something like existentialist philosophy?

• Yeah. Some philosophy is really convoluted, has a lot of parts to consider. :/ Kant is pretty heavy. I'll give Thus Spoke Zarathustra a shot, too, when I'm feeling brave. xD

Incidentally, a lot of the classics you can get for free on kindle app. Oh, there's also an app called "Overdrive", where you can check out e-books from libraries. I haven't bought a book in awhile, 'cause I just borrow e-books. I really like reading on a smart phone, because you don't have to have the light on. Plus you don't have to go to the library to get them, just click and done.

• yeah you re right, ill try them, thanks :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Journey to the West (Xi You Ji): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_to_the_West

A crash course in Chinese mythology and religious philosophical beliefs within an epic, with comedy and some actual history thrown in.

Investiture of the Gods (Fengshen Yanyi): www.amazon.com/.../0595254195

The ancient Chinese version of Captain America: Civil War. 😂 Now with Taoist gods/deities, folk heroes and the overthrow of an empire, each not sold separately!

Reflections by Idries Shah: en.wikipedia.org/.../Reflections_(Sufi_literature)

Bite-sized philosophy for those on the go. STILL manages packs quite the cognitive punch, because that's just how good he is.

Mahabharata: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahabharata

THE Sanskrit war epic. Deeply intertwined with Hindu philosophy.

NOTE: Do NOT attempt without substantial amount of free time, if you're the type to get sucked in. Two words: 18 books.

• wow thanks a lot! :) that was really helpful

• okay thanks a lot! i haven't heard of him before :) he is on my list now

• Thanks for the mho! :D I hope you enjoy my suggestions.

What Guys Said 6

• One of the best books I have ever read, Love & Responsibility by Karol Wojtyla.

One of these days, I'd like to read Aquinas' Summa Theologica.

• The Dresden files Its about a wizard who lives in chicago and is a PI
    From one of the bookjackets
    “Let's get something clear up front. I'm not Harry Dresden. Harry's a wizard. A genuine, honest-to-goodness wizard. He's Gandalf on crack and an IV of Red Bull, with a big leather coat and a.44 revolver in his pocket. He'll spit in the eye of gods and demons alike if he thinks it needs to be done, and to hell with the consequences"

• A song of Ice and Fire

• Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler, amazing book

• have you ever read "WE" it's a predecessor to 1984 by Orwell.

www.amazon.com/We-Yevgeny-Zamyatin/dp/0380633132

• Never let me go!!! Ngl I cried

What Girls Said 4