Would you suggest me a book?

i read philosophy, mythology and literature

Most Helpful Guy

• Slavoj Zizek for modern philosophy. Any book.

For literature, anything Oscar Wilde. The Picture of Dorian Gray is one of my favorites. Great book. I love Oscar Wilde. He had such unique thoughts.

As for mythology, the Iliad--which I guess everyone has read--or the Oedipus plays. Sophocles's three Theban plays.

• i ve read Oscar Wilde and that book was great! well, i haven't read the one you suggest about myth but ill definitely read it and about philosopy, um would you suggest me something like existentialist philosophy?

• Yeah. Some philosophy is really convoluted, has a lot of parts to consider. :/ Kant is pretty heavy. I'll give Thus Spoke Zarathustra a shot, too, when I'm feeling brave. xD

Incidentally, a lot of the classics you can get for free on kindle app. Oh, there's also an app called "Overdrive", where you can check out e-books from libraries. I haven't bought a book in awhile, 'cause I just borrow e-books. I really like reading on a smart phone, because you don't have to have the light on. Plus you don't have to go to the library to get them, just click and done.

• yeah you re right, ill try them, thanks :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Journey to the West (Xi You Ji): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_to_the_West

A crash course in Chinese mythology and religious philosophical beliefs within an epic, with comedy and some actual history thrown in.

Investiture of the Gods (Fengshen Yanyi): www.amazon.com/.../0595254195

The ancient Chinese version of Captain America: Civil War. 😂 Now with Taoist gods/deities, folk heroes and the overthrow of an empire, each not sold separately!

Reflections by Idries Shah: en.wikipedia.org/.../Reflections_(Sufi_literature)

Bite-sized philosophy for those on the go. STILL manages packs quite the cognitive punch, because that's just how good he is.

Mahabharata: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahabharata

THE Sanskrit war epic. Deeply intertwined with Hindu philosophy.

NOTE: Do NOT attempt without substantial amount of free time, if you're the type to get sucked in. Two words: 18 books.

• wow thanks a lot! :) that was really helpful

• okay thanks a lot! i haven't heard of him before :) he is on my list now

• Thanks for the mho! :D I hope you enjoy my suggestions.

What Guys Said 6

What Girls Said 4