I'm a very huge Mel Gibson fan for his best movies such as his Mad Max movies, Lethal Weapon movies and Braveheart but as a person, my feelings toward him are a little confusingly mixed. He's been angrily and violently lashing out at at everyone (his 2nd ex-wife, Oksana, in particular) but the weird thing is, many co-stars and friends of Mel Gibson from the past, such as Danny Glover (Lethal Weapon series), Jodie Foster (Maverick and The Beaver), Whoopi Goldberg (no movie starred with him but a friend of his) and Sigourney Weaver (The Year of Living Dangerously) all had nothing but positive things to say about Gibson not only as a actor but as a person as well. They all even defended him after his domestic violence conviction.
If someone like Jodie Foster and Sigourney Weaver (who both always seemed like a very nice ladies) defend someone like Mel Gibson, then his 2nd ex-wife, Oksana most likely might have done something outright wrong to just deliberately pissed him off greatly (not trying to justify how Gibson handled his problems with her and resorted to death threats and violence against her but just pointing some possible things out).
Danny Glover and many others defend Mel Gibson
Sigourney Weaver defends Mel Gibson
- I think he's a great actor but an unstabally batshit psychotic piece of shit for many of the things that he's been doing for the past several years and needs to get his shit together.50% (1)50% (2)50% (3)Vote
- I think he's not only a great actor but he really isn't as bad as he's been recently showing himself to be. He's just a mentally ill person who had an emotional meltdown or two.0% (0)25% (1)17% (1)Vote
- I think he's an overrated actor but not a very bad person overall. He's just at his lowest point of his life at the moment and has had many mental breakdowns over his family issues.0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
- I think he's both overrated as an actor and an asshole as a person.50% (1)25% (1)33% (2)Vote
- Others0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
He is a great actor writer and director. He has demons and he is dealing with them. He has own up to them and has helped Robert Downey through his addiction. He is a much better person than some clean cut actors0