What's the big deal with Nirvana's Nevermind album?

A few days ago... I sat and listened not only just Nevermind... but da whole damn 4 disc edition here...

https://musicmp3.ru/artist_nirvana__album_nevermind-deluxe-edition.html#.VvhIIEdwZrS

Smells Like Teen Spirit and Come As You Are were good songs maybe Lithium and Polly were decent by some degree... but apart from 'em it was just boring...

How it become so highly successful? I don't get it... it wasn't so special...

Well I might be biased since I listen to New Wave mostly... but honestly I'm open to listen to albums from other genres... I just don't get how some albums become so highly successful...

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to look at albums like this in the right context. Place yourself in 1991 and forget everything you know about any music that came out after that.
    The 1980's was pop, new wave, and hair bands / heavy metal.
    Think Michael Jackson, The Police, U2, Twisted Sister, Van Halen...
    And then the grunge sound starts making its way mainstream.
    Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Nirvana. This is the new sound that teens wanting something different than their older brothers Guns n' Roses or Def Leppard could embrace as their own. Nevermind was an album that grew beyond Seattle, that got radio airplay, MTV videos, and became widely known.

So you may not think it's anything that special, but you've grown up with all the music that came after it. Put yourself in 1991 and that might give you a greater appreciation for it.

• Actually I've grown up more or less... wid 80s music mostly and particularly New Wave.. I also like AOR and Soft Rock genres... or even Glam Metal and Hard Rock as well... but still Grudge isn't much ma thang...

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0