Was the Hobbit desolation of smaug a good movie?

I rented the Hobbit from the library but I am not sure if I should watch it because I know that it doesn't follow the book. Excluding the plot of the book, was it a good movie?

Most Helpful Guy

• All 3 The Hobbit movies are great, the Desolation of Smaug probably being the best. But if you haven't watch the first one, watch that first.
    It ain't The Lord of the Rings, nothing can beat that, but they're still great movies.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah it was pretty good, The Battle of the 5 Armies was the worst of the trio in my opinion.

What Guys Said 8

• The Hobbit movies were as good as any standard adventure/fantasy movie.
    Nowhere near as good as LOTR.

• None of the hobbit movies are good, and it has nothing to do with them not following the book. Peter Jackson hasn't made a good film since Return of the King. They're full of bad, cartoony action, terrible pacing and crap dialogue.

• None of the Hobbit movies where anywhere near LotR. The first two may even be considered to be bad movies. The third one might have been the best out of the three in my opinion.

• You rented the movie? But not sure if youd watch it. Maybe you should be sure first before u rent XD

• No I rented it from the library everything there is free. My county library doesn't even charge late fees and they have a ton tv shows and movies you can rent for free.

• Yes, Especially the second half of the movie.

• Not good Movie. Its excellent amazing wonderful movie

• It was decent. I think it was the worst of the 3 Hobbit movies, but that's just my opinion.

• Smaug was decimated? Oh man I've been away too long. Gandolf is going to be pissed, I knew I shouldn't of taken that left turn at Albuquerque, stupid GPS always recalculating route, no wonder I got lost...

• Maybe that's why it took frodo so long to find mordor. Damn GPS.

• He had Golem as a GPS, My precious, perhaps hobbitsis would like to walk in circles yes, master Frodo? We walk in circles yes?

What Girls Said 1

• Yes but like the other hobbit movies, VERY long
    That's the only bad thing I can say