Why do my scrambled eggs turn brown?

They don't become burnt really. They just have get this brown color to them.

http://wanderingchopsticks.blogspot.com/2008/02/how-to-make-scrambled-egg-omelet-in-wok.html?m=1

I'm trying to use this technique. However, it looks like my egg cooks way faster than hers. Before I even have time to do the whole sliding and flipping technique she uses, the egg is already formed.

I wait until there is a bit of smoke coming out of the wok before I put the egg in. I don't put the egg in from a high height. I use high heat, like she said.

Yet the egg gets this brown color to them, it's only the side that forms when I drop the egg in, that gets this brown color.

She said to wait until there is smoke coming out of the wok. She said to use high heat. I followed the directions.

"Heat your wok on high and add a few drizzles of oil. When smoke starts coming out of the wok, add in the eggs and swirl around in the wok until a thin layer is formed."

Those are her directions.

Hers come out a nice golden color, but mine gets a brown color.

The oil used is corn oil.

Most Helpful Guy

• Heat is the reason, either the heat is causing the oil/butter butter to turn brown which is turning your eggs brown or the heat is directly turning your eggs brown. Scrambled eggs should never bee cooked on too high of heat, makes them dry and rubbery.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you use oil or grease on your pan? That would be my guess.

What Guys Said 5

• It may be caused by the oil that you are using. You need to use a high temperature oil like light olive oil.

However, I prefer eggs cooked at a lower temperature. It takes longer but they have a more delicate consistency when done.

• You left them in too long, you either use high heat and flash fly, or a lower heat and cook it out. Every stove top and wok is different, fro what you've said about the egg cooking faster, yours is hotter.

It's 10x easier to make this in a normal frying pan since a wok concentrates heat.

• 5. Heat.

• its because of high heat i think

• Add milk to them a little bit at a time it's yummy and adds calcium

What Girls Said 0