What's a good brand of guitar and why?

I'm asking about what brands you think are good and why?

because I am replacing my old electric guitar soon.

Most Helpful Guy

• ESP is great!

Most Helpful Girl

• It really comes down to feel, whatever brand just "feels" right when you are playing it. It also depends on how much you're willing to spend on one. I've had several guitars over the years and my absolute favorite is my Gibson Les Paul. Older ones are better, they used to be made by hand out of high quality materials. They've been bought and sold, so I can't speak for the newer models. It's unlike any other guitar I've ever played. Pricey though!

What Guys Said 3

• Fender and Gibson guitars are popular for a reason. They have a long history of tried, tested and true designs that many guitar players prefer. Strats and Les Pauls are good, versatile guitars and there's a good chance you'll be satisfied with one.

That said, taste is subjective and you may well be more satisfied with something else. You can compare specs all you want but at the end of the day whatever guitar feels best and plays best for you is the right choice which is why you shouldn't buy a guitar without playing it extensively.

It might be a good idea to rent a guitar you're interested in before you buy it. A lot of music stores will let you rent for like $15 or $20 a month. After playing for a month through your amp and your pedals, you'll probably have a good idea of whether or not you want to keep it as opposed to playing it for 15 minutes at the store.

• You can't go wrong with a nice Fender. Easily the most versatile brand on the market.

• Gibson less Paul if your willing to spend the cash

What Girls Said 0