What do you think of this article about Feminists criticizing The Witcher 3 video game for being "sexist"?

I honestly think this is pretty stupid and a waste of time. I mean they're complaining over a video game that's supposed to take place in the dark ages where the vast majority of women stayed at home. If they want to fight for their feminist cause, then they should fight a real life issue that actually affects women (like over in the middle east where women have little to no human rights at all), not complain over a video game, which the video game develops have the right to make the game storyline and gameplay however they want it and target whichever audience they intend to attract.

Feminist Critics Attack The Witcher 3 over depiction of Women in fantasy game

• This is stupid and a waste of time.
  • They actually have a point.
  • Others
*developers*

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't personally played that game (I've heard good things though). Even though I am a feminist, I probably wouldn't complain about it... Feminist Frequency is not a channel I agree with. I guess if they really want to complain, there's no problem doing it. Everyone should get the right to voice heir opinions. It's just not one I personally agree with.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 7

• You got right to the main point in your question details. Why aren't they focusing on issues facing Muslim girls and women happening right now? You'd think they'd be speaking out against Female Genital Mutilation and other oppression, but no.

• I can't possibly take Feminist Frequency and her simp mangina shadow seriously

Don't like it? Don't play it, not like either of them have played it anyways, especially her mangina shadow's unfounded bashing of the protagonist

• Your a bit late to this one, the witcher three came out like a year ago. Also it's stupid so yeah.

• Doesn't matter. The Witcher 3 is still a badass game and a 2015 game of the year, plus this is a stupid rant by radical feminists.

• You're late to the party. These criticisms were already dealt with.

• I see they have no problem with the guy being ripped and amazing looking. The developers should have made the main character scrawny and little to appease others.

• Feminists need to develop and publish their own games if they have a problem with existing ones. Ironically, they will probably go bankrupt, and then blame patriarchy.

• I mean I don't mind strong portrayals of women in video gaming like Lara Croft in Tomb Raider or Jill Valentine and Claire Redfield in Resident Evil but at least these female video game protagonists were naturally likable by gamers and were created for story addition to Resident Evil, rather than being a Feminist propaganda that shoves female characters down our throats and then use these female characters to completely overshadow the male characters.

• Or at least bitch about a game that takes place in a time period in which feminism is actually a thing.