Would you agree or disagree that online multiplayer, along with DLCs are ruining video gaming?

Let's think about it. We recently have games like Star Wars Battlefront and Rainbow Six Siege, which both outright lacks single-player campaigns because much more emphasis was put on online multiplayer and over-priced, useless skin pack DLCs that no one really gives a shit about. We also have The Division, where while it does have a "Single Player Campaign", you are still required to be online in order to play any part of the game which sucks because there's always a chance of Ubisoft shutting down the servers if something goes wrong.

Not to mention, most of the games that are recently released in late 2015 to present day are starting a trend where almost every highly anticipated video game gets half-finished and still gets released anyway for the full price, getting r@ped by greedy d*ck brain game publishers for more of our money.

• Agree
  • Disagree
  • Others

Most Helpful Guy

• Correction, they're ruining AAA titles. Indie games are still going strong.

What Girls Said 2

• If I knew what all those big words meant I could ancy but I don't play video games

• I was like 'no'
    But then I read further... Yeah that's just a load of crap
    This is why I just play free games atm

What Guys Said 4

• Multiplayer games are good. Continuous DLC, endless pre alpha, iterative development is easier when it comes to developing a salable product, but it leads to mediocre games... Good games come from creative vision... Someone has a good idea and a lot of time and effort is invested in that good idea to make something polished. The thing is it's a hit or miss for investors, so you end up with piles of shit and people continuing to ask for more money for their piles of shit. It's great for corporate investors preying on weak minded lemmings that "need" the next Black Cocks edition because there are new graphics, and reward systems that can turn into residue income like in Hat Fortress 2... It's bad for people that want new and entertaining games though... But heh, it's not easy to get a game to market... I have a game that is half way developed, but as the sole developer, it's not likely to see it's way to market any time soon. That's the struggle of game development. You need to get a minimum salable product to market for some sort of pay off to make the time investment worth while.

• I wholeheartedly agree, man. I never play on-line and it sucks that game developers are catering to the masses and neglect us single player folks as a result. I wish developers would develop two versions of their game. The cheaper, stripped down single player campaign one and the pricier on-line version.

• Yeah. I honestly don't have anything against online multiplayer and DLCs in gaming. My issue with them is when game publishers and developers put way too much focus on online multiplayer rather than single player content, then cut out the important pieces of the story of the game and then turn them into overpriced DLCs (*cough cough* EA).

• Yes, EA is notorious for doing that. That's why they were rated the worst company in the world 😒

• Yes, I completely agree, basically - I never liked multiplayer games.

• i would agree 100% to this, specially dlcs they are ruining video games soo much.