Do you like reading long boring NOVELS?

• Yes, I do.
  • Ofcourse not! Huhh

Most Helpful Guy

• You bet! If it's boring, I'm in! I was asked to appear in a high school play once. I got halfway through reading the script, and I told the director flat out "This thing is interesting, and if we don't make some big changes fast, we're gonna end up selling all the available tickets to all the boobs out there who like interesting crap!!!" So, we eliminated 90 percent of the dialogue and used nothing but fat old people as actors. Worked out great, not a single person showed up to see it!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Long and BORING?

Oh you poor, poor, thing, having to go through life under the impression that the greatest form of literature is boring!

Novels are the greatest of all writings! They're long so you can put off the loss of finishing them! If you find a good novel (and trust me, there's a lot of them) then you might as well have found a friend for life but better!

Why don't you go find a good novel and get a taste of that beautiful bookgasm and figure out what it is that makes reading the best passtime and hobby ever.

Don't treat novels the way I treat porridge, not all books are like that one bad batch of porridge I had as a child.

• haha well said

• @Josht11 it matters to me. But okay.

• @BaileyisDarcy I agree with your opinion and also what you were saying in the comments. Our generation is VERY much an instant gratification generation. So many people binge-watch TV shows and finish a whole season in a weekend. Where is the fun in that? You get this crazy-intense, well-thought out storyline, but you cram it all into 48 hours? There's no way you can develop an attachment to the story or the characters that way. It's over too soon. I've always enjoyed TV shows the most when I watch one or two episodes a week because it gives you some time to really live with the story. You have time to process and think about what you watched. You have time to get invested.

I think the same goes for books. People want books that are a quick read because then they have to move on to something else. But for me, I'll pick up a long book and read a little bit of it every day. It's hard to do sometimes because well-written books will always leave you wanting more, but it's truly rewarding

What Guys Said 12

• Yes, yes I do novels, stories, poems, books on history, art, culture, war I love reading all that kind of stuff.

• I have read long novels but mainly because they were interesting - I have had to read a few long boring novels in school and doing a English degree in university so that was pretty painful.

• If I think a novel is boring, of course I'm going to stop reading it! :-P

• If things feel mundane for a hundred pages I'll begin to skim the book and if it doesn't get any better, I'll just leave that book.

• I had to read the return of the native in high school and write a 10 page paper. Worst time of high school. That was the worst book I've ever read.

• I'll read a long interesting novel. Boring ones are, well... boring.

• Long novels? Sure. Long boring novels? I'll pass. But what you define as boring might not be boring to me at all.

• Not particularly

• If they seem boring to me, i stop reading. But yes.

• Yes. I do. Especially, when I've some really important work.

• A long and boring novel - no

A long and entertaining novel - yes; like this one

img.radio.cz/pictures/knihy/hasek_svejk_en.jpg

• Well not if they are boring no.

I don't mind a long book if it gets my interest. I could re-read 'The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire' with gusto. In fact I might start today.

"Another great fat book Mr. Gibbon? Scribble scribble scribble!"

What Girls Said 14

• If it's boring then no, I wouldn't be able to force myself to read something that doesn't interest me.

• Do you find novels particularly distasteful or are you merely objecting to long ones? I can read like three hundred pages in a few hours so your standard novel length is too little for me.

• I like reading long, interesting novels.

• If it's boring no but generally the books I pick up are interesting. I'm reading Tolstoy's Anna Karenina and it's pretty good so far.

• I love reading long novels, but not if they're boring. Who wants to read a boring book?

• lol I like reading long novels

but deffinitely I don't like boring ones lol

I don't think anyone does :P

• yeah but i don't look at novels that are boring, i don't even give them the time of day. they have no place in my heart.

• No lol

• I don't like reading boring anything, but otherwise yes.

• I don't like to read anything thats boring.

• Noooooi way don't even care to read anymore

• Nopeee.

• No I like reading long exicting NOVELS
    But I hate reading long boring NOVELS

• I'm an avid reader. Sometimes I just force myself to finish reading long books that aren't so interesting at the beginning. Most of times, by the middle of it, the narrative improves a lot.