As a long time GB fan, I think the concept of this is pretty stupid. I'm all for giving women strong casting roles in movies but not when some stupid, no-talent director like Paul Feig (who doesn't handle critcism very well) had to completely change a legendary movie franchise into a pile a shit with his "reboot" by turning it into some PC crap and letting unfitting female cast members ride the coattails of the franchise and the beloved male characters of the original movie.
Seriously, what the hell is up with all these unoriginal, crappy remakes and milked sequals that Hollywood makes these days, along with their PC philosophies that they try to shove down on people's throats?
Oh and director just pretty much threw a bitch fit on twitter about the amount of backlash he received for this horrible piece of shit-encrusted fuck of a movie by directly telling them all to go fuck themselves.
- It's pretty fucking retarded and unoriginal. Just another crappy Hollywood remake and PC/Feminist propaganda.8% (1)33% (6)23% (7)Vote
- I think this movie will suck pretty bad but for different reasons.33% (4)28% (5)30% (9)Vote
- I'm a little on the fence of this movie.0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
- I think people need to stop bitching and moaning and give this movie a shot.42% (5)17% (3)27% (8)Vote
- I don't care for this at all.8% (1)17% (3)13% (4)Vote
- Others9% (1)5% (1)7% (2)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
First of all, there are plenty of overtly misogynist reactions to the female cast, so you can't play Feig's response as baseless.
That said, the movie looks like a giant turd. The casting is incredibly lazy and unoriginal. Each of the characters is a crude, unsubtle gender swap of the original characters, when casting women actually provided an opportunity to do something original.
The comedy looks very broad and shallow, like it hasn't got any of the clever little details that were easy to miss in the original. In the original, they just threw away great lines and it developed the characters. This time they appear to be beating the audience over the head with jokes.
It also looks devoid of heart and charm. The romance between Peter and Dana felt authentic and added a really important dynamic to the original, and I bet this lacks it.1