How do you feel about the all-female cast, upcoming Ghostbusters "Reboot"?

As a long time GB fan, I think the concept of this is pretty stupid. I'm all for giving women strong casting roles in movies but not when some stupid, no-talent director like Paul Feig (who doesn't handle critcism very well) had to completely change a legendary movie franchise into a pile a shit with his "reboot" by turning it into some PC crap and letting unfitting female cast members ride the coattails of the franchise and the beloved male characters of the original movie.

Seriously, what the hell is up with all these unoriginal, crappy remakes and milked sequals that Hollywood makes these days, along with their PC philosophies that they try to shove down on people's throats?

Oh and director just pretty much threw a bitch fit on twitter about the amount of backlash he received for this horrible piece of shit-encrusted fuck of a movie by directly telling them all to go fuck themselves.

• It's pretty fucking retarded and unoriginal. Just another crappy Hollywood remake and PC/Feminist propaganda.
  • I think this movie will suck pretty bad but for different reasons.
  • I'm a little on the fence of this movie.
  • I think people need to stop bitching and moaning and give this movie a shot.
  • I don't care for this at all.
  • Others
I almost forgot to mention how he pulled the sexist card on the people greatly criticizing his GB movie when it has nothing to do with them being "misogynists", lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, there are plenty of overtly misogynist reactions to the female cast, so you can't play Feig's response as baseless.

That said, the movie looks like a giant turd. The casting is incredibly lazy and unoriginal. Each of the characters is a crude, unsubtle gender swap of the original characters, when casting women actually provided an opportunity to do something original.

The comedy looks very broad and shallow, like it hasn't got any of the clever little details that were easy to miss in the original. In the original, they just threw away great lines and it developed the characters. This time they appear to be beating the audience over the head with jokes.

It also looks devoid of heart and charm. The romance between Peter and Dana felt authentic and added a really important dynamic to the original, and I bet this lacks it.

What Girls Said 7

• I enjoy the idea of a female Ghostbuster team. I don't think it's 'PC' to have female leads. No one said a thing when all the leads were male last time, I think it's just whining to complain about it now. So yeah. Totally for a female Ghostbuster team, I just dislike the cast they chose and I don't like the idea of a reboot.

• I was a bit disappointed as an avid Ghost Busters fan myself, I don't necessarily think it'll suck, I don't necessarily have high hopes either but I will say that find it silly to change things to feature female roles for "gender equality" rather than writing a film that just features awesome female actresses.

• They should leave classics alone regardless of casting.

• I never thought the original was very interesting, so maybe this one will be better.

I don't see what the big deal is? It's a fictional story, Columbia owns the rights, if they want to change the gender I think that's up to them. It's not like Thor who is based on a god from an actual religion.
    Why do you think switching genders will turn the movie into crap?

• I think the trailer looks good. I think it's ridiculous some people are not even open to the movie, just because they switched genders. I mean seriously, wtf?

• I think it's going to be great. The original Ghostbusters wasn't a good movie because what the cast had between their legs. It was good because it had a cast of its days allstar comedians.

Same for the reboot. It's going to be good because Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy are fucking hilarious, esp together.

Only reason NOT to give it a shot is sexism

• It has little to do with sexism and more to do with lack of creativity and trying to bend to PC society.

Just why do you think everyone loves the Alien movie franchise with their beloved herroine, Ellen Ripley? Because the franchise was pretty original and didn't have any feminist proganda behind it. But hey, if people are still interested in this upcoming "Ghostbusters" movie, I won't judge you guys for it. My rant is only against the directer, along with his crappy writers and producers of the movie.

• @Waffles731 so don't watch it. How does remaking a movie in anyway effect people they get so upset over it? If you don't like, don't watch

• My problem is that they sweep actually great new ideas that require taking a chance under the rug for these things

• I think it's stupid.

• I also hate when they remake a classic but their choice of cast does not affect my feelings.

What Guys Said 16

• my problem is not that it has a female, but that it's making a point of having a female cast. the trailer couldn't seem to make up it's mind as to whether it was a sequel or a reboot.. "30 years ago".. is that a meaning in-world or IRL.

i just think it's customary for a reboot to have the original characters rather just fan-fic'ing you're own comedy archetypes in to it..

• *my problem is not that it has a female cast* i wish i could edit, i'm so bad for missing out words for some reason...

• 0|1
    • LOL! If you don't give a single fuck, then why bother reading my question and responding to it?

• i literally copied and pasted these same memes and gifs from another question that had way more relevance. it took way less effort. you went out of your way to write about something you hate when you can easily ignore. you asked what i think and i answered. i don't give a shit about the movie and find it extremely annoying when people go out of their way to make rant questions that they can easily just phase out of their lives, especially when they make it about propaganda, feminism, race, religion, etc

• (*sigh*) Fair enough.

• Well Bill Murray said fuck off when they tried to get him to do another one (he's smart and he didn't want to smear his old films by making another) so they're going in a different direction since one of the original cast members is dead and the lead guy refuses to do another one.

Why are you so upset? If you actually are a fan of the original then you'd be like Bill Murray and simply not want another one to exist but you're only upset about the part of it being casted by girls and not the fact it's happening at all.

• Well, sorry for my miswording. I just don't like the idea of them flat out just completely changing up the main characters of the movie series (and yes, I understand that not all of the actors of the original characters are available). A movie reboot of Ghostbusters is crappy enough already. Why crap on a classic movie even more by completely changing up the main characters into in all female cast (not that they're all bad actresses or anything, they just have a different style of sense of humor that doesn't quite fit with Ghostbusters) for a slight feminist purpose? Even the director of the movie, Paul Feig, has some connections with a notorious internet feminist group on twitter, Feminist Frequency.

• 1. No one works with that chick from Feminist Frequency anymore after she humiliated the UN.
      2. How do you know those girls won't have the right humor?
      3. It's a remake they are doing that with everything. I don't know why you're just picking apart this one out of all the terrible remakes of good films there's nothing wrong with an all female cast. Just don't watch it. No one is holding a gun to your head.

• I have no problem with the female cast
    I dislike it BECAUSE GHOSTBUSTERS doesn't NEED A REMAKE.
    its my same problem with the new robocop or terminator

• That is an interesting modern twist on the franchise,

however I can imagine some men being on that "This is a PC move and I hate it" type of bandwagon.

• Well, I hate to be one of those men but you can't deny that there is a blatant PC influence on this so-called reboot judging by how all of the main character's gender's have all of the suddenly changed with very little explanation. However, that isn't quite my very main problem of this movie.

• I would be lying if I didn't say that I was skeptical. I will try to with hold judgment till I see the film

• I'll give the movie a shot, maybe it's good... I always liked movies about ghosts.

• It looks like garbage. Not because it's played by women... But because it looks like total garbage.

• Honestly, I do t like most of the actresses in it so blah but ill give it a chance to be fair.

• Oh, it's incredibly stupid.

• As long as it is funny I don't care about the gender of the cast, all these haters would rather see old guys that can't even go up stairs than give girls a chance what bozos

• I don't really care. I have no plans on watching the movie, anyways.

• Gender has become so much of a gimmick in this movie.
    It's the embodiment of Feminist propaganda

• I voted B. I have no issue with a female ghostbusters team.

However the trailers haven't inspired me.

• the movie looks pretty awful. lame jokes and that black bitch is the ugliest thing i've ever seen! she's more frightening than the ghosts :(