Can someone PLEASE tell me the whole point of the movie Batman vs Superman?

The movie looks good action wise but the actual concept of the movie just doesn't make sense to me... like are they not both suppose to be superheros that are suppose to save mankind and what not? So then why are they going against eachother? Shouldn't they be working together to get the bad guy? I just think the concept is stupid as hell, I don't know... but let me know what you think and if you seen the movie already maybe you can give me a better understanding on why two superheros are fighting eachother...

Most Helpful Guy

• Good point while them 2 are scrapping who is saving the planet

• Thats my whole point! Like they look really dumb and in the meantime people dying

What Guys Said 11

• IN short, the point of the movie was to plug a bunch of other movies ie justice league and the flash etc etc. As for them going head to head that was because it happened in the comics (The dark knight returns) once and the idea of batman (representing man, his intellect and will/determination and training his only power) going head to head with superman (representing god/unstoppable force of nature, his physical strength invulnerability omnipresence (super speed allowing him to seemingly be every where) omnipotence (x-ray vision heat vision super speed etc etc)) is an interesting fight and people like the idea of man triumphing over that which cannot be conquered which is why batman beat superman when in reality superman could literally laser beam his face off from half way around the world or simply run around him at such a high speed it would create a vaccum causing him to suffocate to death and have his lungs collapse (and thats only if he was half assing it). So basicly they threw that in because it was interestingly done in other stuff (and made a lot more sense in it) along with everything else in the movie but as you probably realize because it was so poorly written and done its literally nothing more then random shit happening that doesn't actually make any real sense. ie it was a really bad movie (it tried to cram in as much as possible to try and play catch up with marvel) and they basicly took a bunch of things that happened in the comics and threw them together with little to no concern if it would make a coherent story. Its best not to think about it because it really doesn't deserve another thought.

• The movie writting was really really stupid there are some really stupid things made in the movie like how someone as rich as lex Luther know or care about a small anonymous newspaper writer like Clark Kent that's stupid , and why do wonderwoman disguise while no-one already know her and how could superman her Louis screaming while can't hearing his mother's and how the hell did he grab the kryptionite and fly with it that's stupid

• Well the Daily Planet isn't small at all. They're fucking huge. Clark Kent covers the science department... something Lex is into. Lex learns about a lot of stuff from the AI of the ship. I think the files kept of different superheroes was ridiculous though.

WW didn't disguise herself. Why would she walk around with a sword and shield all the time? Wouldn't that be strange? Also, she's been fighting since like at least the early 1900s. That picture showed that. Perhaps she might be recognized?

His mother's screaming would be muffled because of the gag in her mouth, but hey you might have a point there. I also don't understand why the goon didn't just shoot her as soon as he heard Batman.

Yeah I don't know how he was able to fly with the Krytonite. I guess they are saying his will? Lol. But yeah nah that shouldn't have happened.

• The only reason why I know Clark does the science stuff is because I read one of the little comics that comes in cereal boxes XD.

• @Joc4Position LMFAO 😂

• From what I've heard the movie was just awfully made also the comics tell you what happens much much better then the movies do.

• I dont read comics :(

• I agree with the first part. Don't agree with the 2nd part. If you mean fighting outside of each other then yeah but it's situational and in some cases make sense again given the situation. If you mean each other they really didn't do much reckless fighting at all. Nobody but each other were harmed in that fight.

• @Joc4Position Ah well it is what it is.

• Luther has Superman's mom captive and says for Superman to kill Batman for her to survive

Batman truly believes that Earth is at risk from Superman

But honestly it doesn't matter cuz that movie was terrible

• Lol oh really? It looked a little corny though...

• Good point. The way his voice is I imagine it's tough to do. Overall I can't complain about how Batman has been played over the years minus some miscues here and there. The animated series is what first got me into Batman.

• @Joc4Position Actually same here. When I was a kid I saw a couple of episodes. Combined with watching the Justice League. Batman was my favorite from the beginning

• Have you seen Man of Steel? If not then don't watch BvS. See Man of Steel first. Then just know that BvS starts off from scenes of Man of Steel... but from a different perspective.

• Superman dies in end lol

• read, 'the dark knight' series... It's explained clearly there

• I watched the dark night and it still does explain how superman fits into all this they both are completely different superheros who have two completely different circles so how can they possibility come together and actually make sense

• Not the Christopher Nolan movie... The Frank Miller comic series...

• Superman fucks Batman

• I dont know cuz i did not watch yet. And i wanna talk to you pls follow me :)

• Yes full of action

• The point was for the studios to make money and set up for the justice league movie which will come out eventually.

What Girls Said 2

• Oh the thing between batman and superman has been going on for ages

• Basically tell how the justice league become justice league like how they met each other :)