GAGers, Movies that make you cry?

Which movie triggers your waterfalls?

Pls provide short clips :)

Mine: (side note I LOVE MUSICALS)
Les Miserables (everytime I watch this movie, I need a box of tissues for the issues)

AND
Phantom of the Opera:

So, whats yours?

Most Helpful Guy

• Toy story 3. Particularly the end when they all look like they're going to die in that furnace thing and they all just hold hands and accept it. Honestly my eyes watered up just thinking about it

Most Helpful Girl

• -Les Miserables
    -The Mist (the ending)
    -Repo @ the genetic opera
    -Charlie St Cloud
    -Titanic
    -Marley and me
    -the boy in the striped pajamas
    -my sisters keeper
    -saving private ryan

I'm a big baby, I know.

• Oh I'd have included clips but there were too many and multiple video links on a question lag/freeze my computer.

• also, the very beginning of the movie the 1st land before time.
      I cry every time lol

• Oh my the boy with the strip pajamas made me cry too. I totally forgot about that movie.. thank you for sharing

What Guys Said 31

• Those Nicolas Sparks movies, movies where the animal dies, like Ole Yeller. Movies where the underdog wins, like Rudy or that one about the football player that came from a bad neighborhood and went on to be a player for Old Miss and then the Saints I think, it had Sandra Bullock playing his adoptive Mom. Movies like that get me all choked up and teary eyed...

• Aftershock (A chinese movie
    Grave of the fireflies
    Hachiko Monogatari

East Asians cinema is full of brilliant melodramatic movies. Makes me cry
    i.memeful.com/media/post/jRj3NPd_700wa_0.gif

• they don't exist
    I've never cried to a movie. maybe slightly watery eyes at most but not crying for real

• Fault in our stars
    TVD the show of funeral of Elizabeth forbes
    Desperate housewives the show of death of
    Eddie brit
    And the handyman

• I LOVE THE VAMPIRE DIARIES! !!! I've seen all the episodes:))

• Yeah been there? Not as tasteful as TVD please.. No nice scenery and music in background

• Omg I love the vampire diaries too! I've even read like 5 of the books lol

Stefan & Elena season 3 would make me cry... especially when he calls her on her birthday.
      And Stefan's reaction when Damon told him he set her coffin on fire just shows that they truly loved each other. I'll forever ship Stelena!

• Hey! Who said you can use me as an example!
    Can't say there were impressive waterfalls but those are my favourite apart from the Phantom:

"The Fountain"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAuxryJ6pv8

"What Dreams May Come"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmZ-FuBThuQ

• Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of War - it's a Korean movie about the two brothers in the Korean War. Bawled like a baby at the end.

Terminator 2 - when Arnie sacrificed himself. Waterworks.

Toy Story 3 - when Andy's driving away. Goodbye childhood :'(

• Not a movie, but the "How Many Seconds in Eternity?" speech from "Heaven Sent" (Doctor Who, Season 9, Ep 11) makes me gush every time. Especially when he gets to:

"There's this mountain of pure diamond. It takes an hour to climb it, and an hour to go around it. Every hundred years, a little bird comes and sharpens its beak on the diamond mountain. And when the entire mountain is chiseled away, THE FIRST SECOND OF ETERNITY WILL HAVE PASSED!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ5Iq7w5rCg

The Wikipedia article of the episode is here, if you need a bit of background:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven_Sent_%28Doctor_Who%29

• When I was like 10 the last movie I cried to was the notebook. I was bored one night and my sister and her friend rented the movie and I joined in knowing nothing and got sucked in. That's how I knew I was an emotional person and focused my teenage years suppressing it and failed as now I'm still that same emotional 10 year old.

• King Kong

• The ending of Armageddon. 😢

• I'm a big dog lover so Marley & Me had me choking up a little.

• If you cry from a movie, you need to be written a persciption for a pair of testicles. And this is coming from a bisexual, very feminine guy.

• sad scenes don't make me cry. it makes me bored. but strong brotherhood/sisterhood, a father standing tall protecting his family, a careless brother who man up to protect his sister and a righteous villain who protect the hero's family. such things wet my eyes a bit.
    so far only two brothers and independence day are the movies which made my eyes wet.

• the closets I have come to crying from a movie was the Croodz

• Grave of Fireflies is the saddest movie I've ever seen. Definitely.

• That movie traumatized me in middle school... Sad as hell... Especially because it start with the brother dead (if I remember correctly) after Nagasaki...

• @MalcolmFTucker yeah, I've seen it once and I remember the excruciating pain/feelings I went through :/
      Its too much

But thanks for sharing

• brooklyn

• I few months ago I watched toy story 3 for the first time. I was ok during the movie, then at the end my eyes watered up. It was really sad.

• I tear-up at the end of The Life Aquatic. I just find it very emotional and touching.

• Patch Adams

• my life is enough to make my cry, lol by the way iv'e cried to "Hours"

• The Kite Runner. I would bet anything it would make you cry.

• The lion king made me upset but i have never cried at a film

• 1|0
  • The Bucket List with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman

• Im very sad if a animal dies in a movie... like that wolf in "Dances with Wolves"

• Never let me go 😭😭😭 Omg the tears were real 😂 And there were done watery eyes in Marley snd me

• Armageddon.
    Dont laugh... It was sad.

• Beautiful minds, the last castle, fugitive pieces

• 22 jumpstreet

Something cooooooool

• Saving private Ryan!

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 28

• 1. Passion of the Christ,
    when they were giving Jesus tons of lashes with that whip. I could almost feel them

2. What a girl wants- when this politician had a daughter he didn't know about. She travelled many miles from home to meet her dad and instead of loving her for her , he was tryna change her. He disowned her for his adopted and that was really tear jerking.

• I love musicals to. I loved les mis one of my favorite movies. The boy in the striped pajamas made me cry.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2sOA9FmspoI

• By the way, Marius from Les Mis sounds like the perfect boyfriend if anyone knows where I can buy one, do tell

• Yes, I have seen the boy with the striped pajamas and I cried. I just forgot to mention it.
      Thanks for sharing

• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA

• P. S I Love You
    The Notebook

• Literally every infantryman's favorite sappy movie while on deployment in OEF/OIF.

I shit you not.

• The pianist, cool dry place, the pursuit of happiness

• Titanic... never dont get on a driftwood raft Jack

• Spirited away.
    28 days (Sandra Bullock movie)
    The pianist.
    Windstrukk (Korean movie)
    Lord of the rings. (There are some sad scenes that made me cry)
    IP man
    And I have a lot more

• Anything where an animal (especially a dog) gets hurt or dies, any sappy romance movie, the end of Return of the King

• Up
    Especially the scene where Ellie and Carl grow old together ; n ;

• The passion of the Christ and Hatchi

• I didn't cry but tear up did I! Marley an me really got the best of me.. 😩

• This might sound really stupid but I bawled at the end of Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

• Steel Magnolias

• The movie Blackfish. Poor whales, I hate humans.

• Flu 😭😭💔
    Pitch perfect 2 😂😂😂
    I can't remember the rest 😅😅😅

• A bungee jumping of their own it's a Korean movie
    Ai no Kusabi it's a anime movie

• Never ever cried at a movie

• E. T.

• For some reason, wall-e. Every. Fucking. Time.

• The good dinosaur 😶

• Titanic, The Lion King, My Sisters Keeper and a lot more

• Any sad movie about animals.
    CAN'T. DEAL. WITH. IT. 😭

• 'The Last Song' always make me cry...

• A Bollywood movie named 'Tare Zameen Par'. It's beautiful.

• The Fault In Our Stars

• Life is beautiful.

• I am Sam (omg I literally broke down)
    Schindler's List (#1 in sadness)
    Inside out 😅

• Pretty much any movie where someone dies, gets the girl/guy. Accomplishes their life dream, if somethings funny enough I cry😂. Needless to say I pretty much walk around with a box of tissues.