Does anyone else not like Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn? Who do you think should play the role?

I'm really not impressed by the trailers or set photos. I think Helena Bonham Carter would be perfect for the role. She's the only one who looks crazy enough to me. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am glad I am not the only one that thought so. I have been very disappointed by the trailers so far. She really doesn't seem to be a good enough actress for the role. In Hollywood there is a shortage of interesting female characters because everyone is trying to create positive female role models that have so few flaws they just end up boring. Harley Quinn is a rare chance for an actress to break away from all that and play an extremely flawed woman that *gasp* is actually fun to watch.

Flawed characters are always more fun to watch. That is why it is so hard to make a good movie with a boy scout like Superman, but why a sleazy arrogant playboy like Iron man is actually fun to watch.

The role of Harley Quinn called for a good actress that has the self confidence to really make fun of herself, and instead it looks like they just choose an actress they thought would be attractive. I am not even critical of most acting I see, but her acting is really really bad in the trailers.

In all fairness it might not be Margot Robbie's fault. Perhaps the director just isn't doing a good job working with her. Either way her performance doesn't do the character justice at all. It really sounds like they picked some random actress off the street to read some lines from the script moments before shooting while giving her no direction about her character. It is the worst acting I have seen in a long time.

• Glad someone agrees. And I'm with you on the part about having flaws. Characters who are too perfect do end up looking boring.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• they just picked a really hot chick, i mean like yeah okay Harley Quinn is supposed to be hot, but she's also supposed to be psychotic af and have more than killer instincts, almost on par with the Joker.

based on the trailers, she hardly represents that. but who knows, it could have just been a shitty script.

• in the trailers she doesn't give me that Harley Quinn vibe, she just gives me a "im a hot blonde that thinks im bad ass and I do what I want" vibe

not sinister at all

• Yeah I feel the same way

• This is how I remember Harley Quinn although she may be depicted differently now.
    lh3.googleusercontent.com/.../15%2B-%2B1

I don't think Helena Bonham Carter has a similar or believable body.
    photogallery.indiatimes.com/photo/47746238.cms

I don't think the blonde looks like her either but her looks do look much more similar.

• Well I was referring to her acting style more than her appearance. I also think she'd be able to get the facial expressions right.

• I'm not sure about their acting abilities. I've never heard of either one of them. Of course you may think the blonde wouldn't fit the role well due to past roles she's played. A lot of actors kind of get associated with old roles by many. She may be able to fit the character too.

• Helena Bonham Carter is just short of being 50 years old. The studios are obviously banking on sex appeal with the Harley character and Helena is obviously too old for that. I'm not saying people can't find her sexy, but this is Hollywood we're talking here.

I think Margot Robbie is about as good as they were going to do, short of exhaustingly looking through a large list of no names.

• The only person who should play Harley Quinn is Arleen Sorkin, as a voice actress.
    The role was written for her when the character was created, and no one else looks or sounds right in it.

• Yeah of course. She'd be the best choice, but they should pick someone younger.

• I agree with you on this, Helena would have been much better Harley Quinn, she is ideal for such a freaky roles.

• Sarah Jessica Parker might have been good for the role if only she were younger. Remember she played the witch in "Hocus Pocus."

• I actually think Margot has the perfect look and voice for her.

• They could probably find an unknown actress to kick ass at it actually. That's what I think, give it to someone who's hungry for the role

• Lindsay Lohan, if she could get her shit together, would've been perfect.

• Maybe it would be better if she didn't get her shit together for that role. They could just film her in the studio lot acting like her crazy self, and work it into the movie later. lol

• None of em is even hot

• mmm Helena Bonham Carter is hot to me! ;)

Anyway i haven't really seen her as harley yet :/

What Girls Said 4

• Hmm, I would rather avoid Helena for this role. Not only is she quite a bit older than Harley is thought to be, it'd be a typical role for her to be cast in. It would be pretty repetitive from her other performances, in my opinion, I'd rather see her in something different from what she's been typecast as.

• True. But Margot seems to be doing a different take on the character than the one I was expecting. But then again, I've been wrong about a lot of castings so I'll just wait for the movie to come out

• I think Margot Robbie might actually do well I as a bit surprised at first too, in an ideal world though I'd get to play Harley :p
    Helena Bonham Carter IS pretty great though.

• She is nothing special, I also think Helena is more suitable for the role.

• The DCEU (DC Expanded Universe) is different from the comics, so deal with it.

• Well I don't mind different as long as it's still seems good. The Dark Knight trilogy was very different from the comics but it's one of my favorite movie series