Do you mostly listen to music with vocals or instrumental music?

• Music with vocals
    56% (18)52% (15)54% (33)Vote
  • Instrumental music
    6% (2)7% (2)7% (4)Vote
  • About 50/50
    38% (12)41% (12)39% (24)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0
13|14

Most Helpful Girl

• I really think it's about 50/50

I love pop: synthpop, dream pop, and I love electronic music: edm, deep house, tropical house, future house, tribal house, minimal

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Kind of 50/50. I do care more about the music part even in vocal songs. If I am not into the melody, the beat, the sound then I probably won't really be into the song. The lyrics would have to be stunning to make up for the unsatisfying music part.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• I listen to vocals most of the time. I use instrumental if I'm studying, reading, or having trouble sleeping.

0|1
    0|0
  • Both! I think!

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah 50/50 is about right, but i do listen to a lot of instrumentals too.

0|1
    0|0
  • Instrumental music because it's more relaxing, vocals don't really seem relaxing for me.

0|3
    0|0
  • I think my music is more on the vocals end since I like to sing along.

0|1
    0|0
  • About 50/50 sounds fairly accurate to me in my circumstances

0|1
    0|0
  • Vocals <3 <3 <3

0|1
    0|0
  • Equal of both probably

0|1
    0|0
  • It's usually with vocals, but sometimes I listen to instrumental music.

0|1
    0|0
  • music with vocals I like to sing along

0|1
    0|0
  • I like dubstep glitch hop trap electro melodic dubstep

0|1
    0|0
  • Vocals, mostly.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• Not much instrumental music in the genre I like. Well, I guess there are more heavy metal instrumentals than pop instrumentals or whatever, but still not compared to... classical.

0|1
    0|0
  • About 75:25 for vocals over instrumentals. The impact a good voice has is just something an instrument rarely can catch - except for the few incredibly gifted musicians.

0|1
    0|0
  • I listen almost exclusively to instrumental music only.

0|1
    0|0
  • Usually vocals, but I like both

0|1
    0|0
  • 90% vocals, 10% instrumental.

0|1
    0|0
  • boht

0|1
    0|0
  • I really like both but I'm a bit picky with vocals.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm more inclined for instrumental, but i hear both.

0|1
    0|0
  • Both about equal.

0|1
    0|0
  • Vocals for the most part and some instrumental.

0|1
    0|0
  • Music with vocals, there's more meaning to it

0|1
    0|0
  • 50/50 for me. I think bands like 'two steps from hell' is a good example of it.

0|1
    0|0
  • 95% at least vocals... instrumentals are for kids and pansies...

There are some good instrumentals... which are often included midway in an album... like dat one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FfCxLvV2nc

or...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNDAea3pps

They have some substance...

But most instrumental music's trash... music for bookworms and gamers who get annoyed by vocals when they read or play their shit...

0|0
    0|0
    • How would adding vocals to something make it less "for kids and pansies"? Seriously, though — I'd much rather listen to a good instrumental than a good instrumental with bad vocals over it. Or a bad instrumental with good vocals over it.

• Show All
    • Personally speaking, I see beauty in the song posted. Even without words, sections like 3:50 still can evoke emotion from me and awe in the way it's played. It's all about the notes played (hence why major keys are known as happy and minor keys are known as sad).
      While I do despise what pop has turned into nowadays and I do think the mainstream stuff from the 80s was better than the mainstream stuff from now... I still think there are good genres and bands nowadays.

Music has evolved to a point today where are many more types of genres, but just because it is different doesn't mean it is bad. Likewise, just because I don't like a certain song doesn't mean it is bad on the whole. I can respect certain songs (*cough* not autotune crap *cough*) because it can evoke certain emotions to certain people.
      Nevertheless, everyone is different, and you may see things differently. That's alright too. I would argue however that even though one doesn't like a certain song doesn't mean it's bad.

• @dangerDoge Only pop? ONLY? In 80s EVERY SINGLE DAMN GENRE sounded way better than now... even a recorded sequence of farts would sound better then than now...

And yeah there are many genres I didn't even know they exist... personally I don't accept 'em... like dat fuckin' screamo genre... wot screamo means? I learned about Math Rock now from dat song 93stepsfromhome posted... Math Rock? Really? Maybe I might accept 'em as genres in da future... but not for now... as long as I don't get 'em and don't understand 'em... I can't...